Outside Sales Engineer (Electrical)
Oil & Gas for Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia
Argo International Corporation is a global leader in the distribution of electrical components and services for the oil and gas (upstream, midstream and downstream) along with the industrial marketplace. We are seeking an accomplished Outside Sales Engineer, ideally based in Ohio, Pennsylvania or West Virginia, to generate a high volume of opportunities to targeted companies within this area and to progress these opportunities through the sales cycle, resulting in the closure of orders for both renewal and new business.
- Achieve bookings, revenue and GP targets for assigned accounts in territory.
- Ensure all requests for quotes are completed on time and in accordance with Argo policies.
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to ensure data capture and effective time management to achieve individual and branch objectives.
- Aggressively grow account base by developing new accounts and AC drive sales into existing accounts by:
Uncover customer needs and satisfy those needs with the appropriate product/service feature and benefit.
Identify projects, timelines, business benefits, technical fit, key contacts and budgets.
Implement the correct product and pricing strategies, resulting in closed orders with optimized costing and maximum GP.
- Ensure that all requests for quotes are properly followed up on, providing pricing and other market feedback by working with Argo’s Systems group.
- Provide quality technical support on customer technical inquiries as required.
- Participate in product training programs.
- Ensure overall customer satisfaction.
- Ensure overall supplier satisfaction and achievement of supplier business plans.
- Strategic recommendation of inventory to achieve target financial objectives.
- Candidates must have worked within Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia area for the past 3 years, selling directly into the oil and gas end user and or OEM account base.
- 3 years minimum selling experience into industrial markets, specifically into one of the following verticals: oil and gas upstream and mid-stream, Petro-Chemical, and Mining accounts.
- Experience in AC drives, and controls required.
- Strong technical background and applications understanding of electrical systems that involve motors, drives, encoders, controls and other electrical components.
- 3+ years of technical sales experience with a history of exceeding quota.
- Skilled at strategic selling, value selling and relationship selling.
- Strong understanding of all phases of the sales cycle, with experience in all areas.
- Ability to effectively overcome technical and business objections of prospective customers.
- Persistence, ability to overcome obstacles, and desire to achieve assigned goals.
- Ability to work multiple opportunities in parallel.
- Ability to accurately forecast revenue and timeframe of purchase.
- Enthusiastic and assertive personality.
- Strong history of developing new accounts and growing business required
- Bachelor’s in Electrical Engineering preferred.
This is a great opportunity to join a global company. Argo International Corporation offers a competitive compensation with outstanding commission potential, as well as a comprehensive benefits package.
Indeed - 2 years ago
Argo is committed to leverage its global presence and dedicated people, who provide outstanding customer service, market knowledge, and...