Linux Systems Engineer - Redhat / RoR / MySQL
Contract to Perm
The Linux Systems Engineer provides implementation and engineering best practices for the company’s Linux platforms to ensure maximum performance, reliability and security. This person will be responsible for implementing, tuning, and maintaining the Linux platforms for mission-critical enterprise applications. The position provides technical expertise in support of all business and IT sponsored projects and provides direction, support and mentoring to other technical staff for related Linux technologies.
Other responsibilities include maintenance of all hardware, middleware, and software used to service the client staff, customers, and support teams, along with the systems used for the development and deployment of Linux based Enterprise applications.
Linux Systems Engineer Requirements & Duties:
• Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics degree
• RedHat Certified (RHCSA, RHCE - RHCE prefered)
• Experience with RedHat Satellite or Spacewalk (Satellite prefered)
• Experience with RedHat IPA (Identity Management), LDAP authentication
• Experience with RedHat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV), VMware or Xen (RHEV and VMware prefered)
• Experience with Riak, Redis, CouchDB, or Memcached (Riak and Redis preferred)
• Experience with Cfengine, Puppet or Chef
• Experience with Graphite, statsd, and Graphene
• Experience with MySQL Clustering (proper clustering - not simple replication)
• Experience with gdb, strace, dtrace and valgrind
• Experience with tcpdump, tshark, wireshark, etc.
• Experience with Ruby on Rails and Sinatra tuning
• Experience with JVM performance tuning
• Experience with Nginx, Unicorn, Tomcat and JBoss
• Experience with HAProxy, Netscaler or F5 load balancers (HAProxy prefered)
• Experience with Varnish or Squid (Varnish prefered)
• Experience building fault tolerant, scalable systems
• Experience with PHP, Python, Perl, BASH, C/C++
• Experience with Gomez, Keynote, or CatchPoint
• Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
• On-Call Rotation
Follow us on our BLOG to see more jobs like this: http://atlanta.vereduscorp.com/
Candidates work with a professional recruiter whose average experience is eight years in the industry. That means they have intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends—who is in demand now and who will be next. Your Veredus Recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and desires. They also counsel their candidates in resume writing, interviewing, and career planning so when there’s a position you really want, you’re fully prepared to get it. Additionally, Veredus provides the following benefits:
• Medical Benefits
• Consultant Lunches and Outings
• Dental Benefits
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
• ATOP-Accrued Time Off Program
• Consultant Web-Site
• Name Plates
• Care packages/Survival packs
• Dedicated Consulting Services Representative
Veredus recently was ranked as “Best Staffing Firms to Work for 2011” by Staffing Industry Analysts in a recent survey
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Want to be as prepared as possible?
Click on the link below and you will have access to the Veredus Interview Prep Video - culled from hundreds of years of collective experience in preparing candidates for that all important job interview:
Veredus, A Hays Company is the leader in IT staffing and recruitment. We work with the best companies to bring you the best jobs in the...