Customer Category Management – Vitamins, Minerals, Supplements
Join Reckitt Benckiser and you’ll join a global CPG powerhouse, whose Powerbrands hold No. 1 positions in seven worldwide market categories. We’ve built our success on a quick-thinking, fast-acting culture, so you can look forward to a role that will have real impact on a business that continues to outpace the global markets.
The primary objective of the Customer Category Manager is to lead the execution of 4P category strategy with a specific retailer to deliver 4P solutions that drive retailer category growth ahead of the market. A key measure of success is the development of a long term category partnership with the retailer with demonstratable deep customer knowledge and wide penetration in the account with all relevant 4P stakeholders.
The position holder is directly responsible for the customisation and execution of all aspects of 4P strategy with the specific customer. Including, translating & executing effective LSM strategies which are mutually beneficial to RB & the customer’s category performance. Primary focus is on presence and placement working in partnership with sales and drawing insight and input from Trade Marketing & Consumer Marketing (including Shopper Insights).
- Develop and deliver effective 4P execution based on Local Success Models and an understanding of customers, categories and consumers to maximize profitability.
- Liaise with Trade Marketing to ensure that NPD plans and wider categories are aligned and best practices are shared.
- Customize 4P strategies and plans to align with and support the retailers category strategy
- Effectively negotiate mutually beneficial solutions with various stakeholders and influence key decision-makers to improve in-store presence & shopper conversion
- Conduct analysis of specific customer promotions and feed in recommendations to Trade Marketing & the relevant NAM(s).
- Work in partnership with Shopper Marketing to undertake bespoke account research
- Contribute to NPD meetings by representing the customer’s viewpoint to improve the effectiveness and applicability of the final go to market strategy.
- Set customer performance targets and proactively identify 4P opportunities based on in-depth understanding of the customer’s capability, position in the market and willingness to execute.
- Implement own initiatives from concept to in-store execution
- Drive the line review process with the customer
- Manage elements of contribution to P&L
- Understand and consider the impact of own decisions and independent action within other RB units and wider business
- Manage short and long term contractual tactics and strategies
- Developing & managing a long term trusted relationship with the customer
- Translating & executing 4P strategies
- Be the recognised category expert by the customer
- Be the recognised retailer expert internally
· 4-year college degree
· 5-years experience in either FMCG, Top ten national retailer or client facing in blue chip data provider (eg. Dunn Humby / Nielsen)
· Experience in managing the Vitamins/Minerals/Supplement category is preferred, but not essential.
· Prefer experience in categories with strong private label/store brand development.
· Proven track record of influencing within cross-functional relationships with key decision makers.
· Proven ability to develop strong long term client/customer relationships
· Proven analytical skills & ability to successfully integrate different streams of information into sound propositions
· Strong knowledge of Syndicated Data (Nielsen/IRI, Spectra, Panel Data, A&Us)
· Strong oral, written communication, and presentation skills
· Computer proficient (Microsoft Office, Nielsen/IRI)
· Highly proactive with strong time management & organizational skills
· Proven political understanding & resilience demonstrating the ability to operate on their own with demanding customers
Expect responsibility. Expect challenges. Above all, expect rewards. And expect them all much sooner than you would anywhere else. Apply now and see just how much responsibility you’ll enjoy.
Interested candidates must apply online at Reckitt Benckiser’s website at
in order to be considered.
If it doesn't clean or taste good, it doesn't cut the mustard with Reckitt Benckiser. A subsidiary of UK-based Reckitt Benckiser...