Manager, NA Insights & Innovation, Global Connected Consumer-SAL0003731
Manager, NA Insights & Innovation, Global Connected Consumer
This position is within the Global Connected Consumer (GCC) organization and is responsible for defining Infotainment and Telematics consumer insights, strategy, and market requirements for General Motors’ North America business. In addition, this position will have responsibility for leading GCC strategy for the Global Chevrolet and NA GMC brands. This role requires passion for understanding emerging consumer needs in the automotive and consumer electronics industries and the ability to translate those insights into competitive advantage. Candidate should have a demonstrated capability of uncovering tacit consumer needs, turning them into business strategy, and leading cross-functional alignment. Key stakeholders include Global Chevrolet brand team, Global Connected Consumer, and Regional leadership. Requires ability to work collaboratively across many functions including: Planning, R&D, Engineering, IT, and Marketing.
- Consumer Needs/Insight Development: Uncover emerging, North America consumer needs and insights; requires ability to work globally while considering regional and local needs
- Global Chevrolet GCC brand equity and strategy development: Define global GCC strategy for Chevrolet, working closely with Chevrolet brand team and regional leaders
- North America and Chevrolet Infotainment and telematics Market Requirements: Provide vision and consumer roadmap for GCC to deliver solutions and technologies that meet the needs of North American consumers and that realize Chevrolet's brand strategy. Develop and qualify concepts for infotainment solutions, based upon leading insights
- External focus and experience expert: Serve as expert on in-vehicle and out-of–vehicle infotainment including the holistic consumer experience (e.g. consumer product, in-car, online, shopping, service, etc.)
- Global strategy alignment: Drive focus and alignment for GCC strategy among Chevrolet and GMC brand teams and North America operations
- Masters Degree or equivalent experience; MBA preferred
- Exceptional Consumer Understanding and Insight Development Skills - Passion for consumer understanding and the ability to turn insights into mind and heart-opening ideas and solutions. Proven examples of concept/holistic consumer/commercial proposition development
- Strategic and Innovative Thinking - exceptional acumen and ability to combine "art" and "science" to make strategic recommendations. Upstream marketing requires an ability to identify the 80/20 most critical priorities, focus the team and learning plan against these, and learn/iterate quickly using a combination of gut, qualitative, and quantitative tools.
- Creativity and innovation - must have an innovation mindset that challenges conventional boundaries and looks for break-through opportunities across all aspects of the projects (concept, initiative ideas, business strategies). Creative problem solving, search and re-apply and making connections internally and externally to create brilliant consumer and business propositions is a significant expectation of this role.
- Collaboration - The candidate must have exceptional collaboration skills up, down and across the organization. Must be able to advocate effectively to advance key projects. Close working relationship with the global, multifunctional (R&D, Engineering, Research, Design, Finance) project teams, regional leadership, and brand teams.
- Insight discovery/consumer understanding
- Global strategy and “big idea” development
- Concept development and qualification
- Global idea pipeline creation
- Ability to influence/collaboration
- Global management/leadership
- General business acumen
Primary Location: US-MI-Detroit
Posting Date : Feb 14, 2013, 10:53:21 AM - Ongoing
Job: Sales, Service & Marketing
Growth opportunities at GM for talented people are as wide as the world.
From the design and engineering of new state-of-the-art plants...