Sr. Proposal Manager - Environmental and Civil Infrastructure STL, MO (Job Number: 322230)
The Environmental and Civil Infrastructure (ECI) Operation integrates SAIC’s environmental and civilian infrastructure practices into a single highly capable organization. Our team is seeking a Sr. Proposal Manager who will have the responsibility for coordinating all phases of the company’s proposal process in response to U.S. government and commercial requests for proposals (RFPs).
The Sr. Proposal Manager reports to the Business Development Manager and has the following responsibilities:
- The proposal manager reviews requests for proposals (RFPs); develops proposal plans, outlines and schedules; and prepares questions for the potential client.
- Assembles and reviews the efforts of an appropriate team of partners, consultants, subcontractors, writers, editors, illustrators, desktop publishers, proofreaders and quality control and print reproduction personnel.
- Guides proposal team writers and financial analysts in preparing the technical and cost components of the proposal, including understanding of the task, plan, past performance and personnel.
- Collaborate with capture and subject matter experts to translate complex service solutions into compelling business writing, and to respond to RFP questions as needed.
- Reviews proposal draft and final versions for responsiveness to RFP, thoroughness, accuracy, staffing, financial considerations, quality and effective design and layout.
- Effectively represent the SAIC brand and services to clients and prospects via proposals.
- Identify proposal format guidelines and needs, responsible parties, and due dates.
- Maintain accountability for the compliance, accuracy, timeliness, quality and overall completion of proposals.
- Edit, revise and update content for RFPs as it becomes revised/amended.
- Ensure required opportunity and proposal reviews are conducted according to SAIC BD best practices.
- Develop and maintain RFP database(s) to include status of RFPs, wins/losses, competitive information, references, and content.
- Seek continual improvements to RFP process, and information presentation.
- After the each proposal submission, the proposal manager leads "proposal lessons learned" meetings with the proposal team.
- Support team post-submittal with orals/interview preparation and executions as well as possible follow-up actions as requested by the customer.
- In addition to work on specific proposals, the proposal manager creates corporate concepts and boilerplate content for use in future proposals.
- Support major capture activities including basic research regarding the specific procurement, competition, funding streams and a host of other related subject areas.
Location is flexible. Primary hubs are Denver, CO; McLean, VA; Oak Ridge, TN; Twinsburg, OH; St. Louis, MO.
The successful candidate will have a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, English, Scientific field, or related field and a minimum of 7 years direct technical proposal management and writing experience, including experience managing or writing proposals for the Federal Government. Strong oral and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, an ability to multitask, as well as an ability to work under pressure within a defined process, timeline, and schedule of proposal efforts is required.
SAIC is a FORTUNE 500® scientific, engineering, and technology applications company that uses its deep domain knowledge to solve problems of vital importance to the nation and the world, in national security, energy & environment, health and cybersecurity. The company's approximately 41,000 employees serve customers in the U.S. Department of Defense, the intelligence community, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, other U.S. Government civil agencies and selected commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Va., SAIC had annual revenues of approximately $10.6 billion for its fiscal year ended January 31, 2012. For more information, visit www.saic.com. SAIC: From Science to Solutions®
Job Posting: Feb 14, 2013, 7:55:12 PM
Primary Location: United States-MO-ST. LOUIS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations : United States-CO-DENVER, United States-TX-DALLAS, United States-DC-WASHINGTON, United States-TN-OAK RIDGE, United States-OH-TWINSBURG, United States-VA-MCLEAN, United States-OK-OKLAHOMA CITY
SAIC, Inc. is a provider of scientific, engineering, systems integration and technical services and solutions to all branches of the United...