As a Dental Hygiene Instructor at Carrington College you will be responsible for delivering a quality educational experience for the students through ensuring that the curriculum is up-to-date, that effective delivery methods are employed, and that all students are treated in a fair and equitable manner.
Students of our Mesa Dental Hygiene program receive the practical training they need to help them succeed in a career as a Dental Hygienist at dental offices, clinics, and hospitals here in Mesa, and across Arizona.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Interacts effectively and professionally with students, staff, faculty, and external customers of Carrington College including Advisory Board members and externship and other off campus sites.
- Exceptional customer focused skills. Ability to address student needs and resolve issues with diplomacy and tact.
- Interpersonal skills including questioning, listening and showing concern and respect for others.
- Solid writing skills to communicate effectively in memos, letters, and via email.
- Excellent verbal communication skills including ability to project voice and be clearly understood when speaking in front of a group.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and commitment to comply with policies, regulations, and codes of conduct governing all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Commitment to the success of the students and the school.
- Computer literacy skills including working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- AZ Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) License.
- X-Ray Certification.
- Local Anesthesia certification desired.
- Experience in clinical practice.
- BA or BS Degree in Dental Hygiene or a related field.
- 4 years recent experience.
- Previous Clinical Teaching experience a plus.
- Dentrix, digital radiography experience helpful.
- Experience with Restorative Dentistry and administering Nitrous Oxide highly desired.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.
It isn't exactly Ivy League, but DeVry is in the big leagues of technical, health care, and business schools. The for-profit...