Helix Electric, Inc. is considered to be one of the most successful open-shop electrical contracting companies in the nation. California based Helix Electric has expertise with projects in virtually every field of electrical construction - design/build services, industrial and commercial developments as well as government, institutional, communications and utilities projects. Helix Electric possesses world-class technical experts who maintain vital, long-term relationships and a high level of credibility with general contractors, utility and power user customers we serve. We have a strong reputation and extensive network of customer relationships and has consistently provided new, cutting-edge product innovations.
To better support current backlog and the anticipated doubling of business over the next few years, Helix Electric has created a new position for a dynamic project manager. At any given time, this project manager will be executing three to five projects 8M+ in electrical work. Approximately 70% of the projects are in large commercial and industrial, while the remaining 30% are high-end multi-family and utility based projects. Helix Electric requires a well-rounded, technically astute engineering and project leader who will ensure that projects are being run profitably and quality standards are maintained while ensuring effective communication and working relationships across the groups, with other departments and divisions, and with the customer. This Project Manager will be accountable for developing and building strong teams for each project while delivering quality output, meeting customer expectations, managing to scope, delivering on time, and delivering within budget. The leader we seek will be a strong manager and leader who can develop and implement effective tools, processes, and communications to ensure the continued profitable growth of the division.
San Diego, CA
Los Angeles, CA
Washington, DC Metro
Las Vegas, NV
Description of Employee's Job Duties:
- Drive division profitability through effective project execution.
- Evaluate and continually improve the systems and processes being used by the department to effectively meet customer requirements and profitability goals.
- Develop the organization to achieve excellence through continuous improvement. Support lesson learned activity and implement identified initiatives.
- Ensure high quality engineering, studies, and Helix project delivery.
- Manage, mentor, and develop a group of approximately 6 direct and 35 total reports.
- Responsible for work assignments, hiring, promotions and performance appraisals.
- Review the overall contractual requirements for all projects and specific process design methodology for individual projects as required.
- Control department activities for adherence to project requirements.
- Develop/oversee project management technical and schedule goals, procurement and contractual requirements, personnel assignments and capacity planning.
- Ensure schedule requirements are met for all projects. Need the capability to readily adjust priorities and milestones based upon changing customer needs, resource availability, and job requirements.
- Interact with the customer to validate expectations are understood and met before, during and after project completion.
- Provide oversight for third party construction firms.
- Manage project review process with particular emphasis on financial forecasting.
- Proactively and systematically communicate challenges, risks and successes.
- Coordinate with accounting to invoice per project terms and oversee / negotiate appropriate change orders.
- Coordinate with legal counsel to provide expertise to resolve contract disputes.
- Coordinate and manage work across other divisions.
- Balance internal and external resource loading.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Project Management experience in electrical construction.
- Understand engineering in electric power.
- Substation, transmission, and distribution project experience.
- Field experience coordinating with construction management.
- Extensive knowledge of project scheduling, bids, take offs, change orders, and contracts.
- Demonstrated ability to develop relationships and assist in winning projects.
- Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Exceptional analytical, motivational, and leadership skills.
- Engineering Degree required, BSEE strongly preferred or Construction Management
- Journeyman or Master Electrician's license a plus
Helix Electric - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Helix Electric has coiled itself around the electrical contracting business in the Southwest. One of the largest electrical contractors in...