The Junior Investment Research Analyst is responsible for assisting in providing money management to multiple product lines, creating research reports which can be used both internally and externally, including analysis of performance attribution and help produce communication material, including market commentary and client reviews for CLS Investments, LLC ("CLS"), a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC ("NorthStar"). The Junior Investment Research Analyst may participate in portfolio management meetings, investment committee meetings, and assist with client events as needed.
• Assists lead manager monitor fund families to coordinate with CLS' major investment themes.
• Assists lead portfolio manager with proposals, rep and client phone calls, allocation decisions, and creating marketing pieces.
• Assists portfolio management team with money management functions as necessary, including but not limited to backing up Portfolio Management team.
• Creates reports and charts with market/economic data and produces accompanying commentary to portfolio management team.
• Assists Portfolio Management team with investment research and ad hoc requests.
• Assists in creating internal communications including daily commentary and correspondence with internal departments.
• Acts as liaison between marketing and portfolio management.
• Assists in creating client reviews providing a detailed analysis of a client’s performance and commentary pertaining to client’s specific strategy.
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Regular contact with internal departments regarding communications for daily commentary and correspondence
• Regular contact with Portfolio Management team regarding portfolio management/investment committee meetings, information/clarification on money management or research duties
• Occasional contact with clients at company-sponsored client events
• Ability to interpret statistical information and communicate investment and industry analysis
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
• Excellent skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Effective written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Economics or related field required
• Experience working within the financial services industry preferred
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC - 2 years ago