Position title: Linux System Administrator
Salary Range : DOE
Description: Linux Systems Administrator focused on high availability web-stack operations. Candidate will install, configure, and maintain the application servers and supporting applications for an Online Publishing System. Candidate must have working knowledge of various application server technologies such as Jboss, Tomcat, ATG Dynamo or others. Candidate will also work with Sr. Linux Engineer on performance tuning, monitoring and troubleshooting. Candidate will work under general supervision from Team Leads, Project Managers, and direct Managers.
- Install, configure and administer the companies J2EE web applications in a mixed Linux/Windows environment.
- Install, configure and administer other web applications such as WordPress, ServiceMix, multiples Blogs including movable types and other similar open-source systems
- Create and maintain application system documentation for production, QA, and development environments
- Work with the Sr. Linux Engineer to create and maintain scripts for automated deployment of code to all environments
- Virtualization and storage - VMware infrastructure ESXi and Compellent SAN
- Provide performance tuning and timely troubleshooting resolution of complex issues including high-pressure system down events
- Team member on the 24/7 support systems.
- Work closely with other departments on product development and enhancements.
- Tier 1 and Tier 2 Level Support.
- Perform a variety of other tasks, as required
- Candidate must have 5+ years in an Information Technology environment administering multiple Linux systems, web sites and blogs.
- Experience integrating Windows and Linux systems
- Experience with Bash shell scripting, PHP and any other scripting technology.
- Expertise in WordPress and Blogs Movables types. Migration experience is a plus.
- Experience with Load Balancing techniques (hardware and software based). A10 is a plus.
- Experience with Samba configurations, NFS, DNS, SSH, CDN (Akamai) technologies
- Experience with enterprise based distributions such as RedHat or SuSe
- Experience configuring and managing Red Hat Linux clustering and VCS.
- Experience with Apache tuning and Java Application servers.
- Experience with Dell Servers and Cisco UCS blades….installing, configuring and maintaining.
- Experience with SAN storage Compellent and zNAS configurations.
- ATG framework knowledge is a plus.
- Experience configuring and managing MySQL and PostgreSQL. DB2 is a plus.
- Expertise with Microsoft Windows 2003/2008 is a Plus.
- Good verbal/written communication and organizational skills required.
- Must be a self-starter, require minimal supervision, and maintain a positive attitude.
- Previous Experience in an Internet/software development related environment is a MUST.
Qualified candidates must be dependable and willing to work flexible hours, including weekends and holidays. Selected candidates are expected to rotate shifts on MNGi’s 24x7 support program.
Digital First Media - 20 months ago