We are seeking a talented and motivated individual to join the IRA team to perform advanced functions necessary to acquire, distribute and maintain IRA and Qualified Retirement Plan assets. The Specialist performs a wide variety of tasks and needs to be self-motivated, work independently, detailed orientated, use critical thinking, analytical, logical and have excellent communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Handles various advanced stages of the IRA/retirement function and is cross-trained, knowing most functions
within the IRA Department.
2. Assists in the testing of reports and/or forms that are generated before they are distributed; including but not
limited to IRA fee letters, RMD lists, 1099Q/1099R/5498-ESA/5498s.
3. Manually processes corrected 1099Rs and 5498s along with IRS transmittal forms for the client and the IRS after cutoff time for corrections.
4. Serves as a statement tester. Also involved with various department projects.
5. Provides verbal and written communication to acquire or disperse information. Answers and/or initiates telephone calls; answers routine and more advanced questions or follow-through on requests. Forwards more advanced calls to managers.
6. Reviews transaction requests that includes but not limited to, distributions from IRAs and Qualified Plan accounts to client or bank accounts, enters data for periodic distribution payments, tax withholding, cash and stock movements, death distributions, opening and discussing beneficiary IRA accounts, conversions, recharacterizations, contribution corrections, internal transfers/rollovers, private placements, commingle requests, IRA annual fees, qualified plan paperwork, LP transfers, divorces. Review for completeness of documents and suitability. Performs necessary follow up on paperwork submitted.
7. Reviews reports pertinent to the status of ongoing activities; initiates corrections as necessary.
8. Provides verbal and written communications to acquire or disperse information, answers questions from sales
and operations personnel regarding procedures or retirement plan issues. Also uses our vendor’s system for qualified plan processing.
9. Assists manager and others as requested. Performs any other duties as assigned.
1. Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree is preferred; one to two years previous IRA/Retirement knowledge and securities industry experience preferred.
2. Strong analytical skills with the ability to perform advanced Math. Ability to tolerate multiple assignments, work under pressure and within deadlines and produce accurate results. Detail oriented with focus on accuracy.
3. Must be able to handle a heavy volume of phone and paperwork. Avaialbe to work additional hours if needed.
4. Proficiency and experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
5. Superior organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, monitor, and complete multiple tasks or projects, either independently or with a team.
6. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must and ability to effectively relate to others.
7. Ability to function as a member of a team dedicated to quality customer service, the ability to stay focused under pressure and to prioritize workload in order to manage time. Proven reliability in attendance and performance.
Connect with us on:
Employee-owned Robert W. Baird & Co. brings midwestern sensibility to the high-flying world of investment banking. The company offers...