PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shares ownership of operational responsibility for building servers at the customer site(s) with the Clients Server Manager.
- Residents will take direction from the Server Build Project Manager
- Build Servers based on standardized procedures detailed in the Build Document and to meet agreed upon standards.
- Responsible for configuration, layout and performance tuning of servers.
- Residents will manage policies (attach, detach and remediate).
- Resident will have an understanding of custom attributes.
- Performance tuning in the environment when needed.
- Resident may have the ability to provision through “Ignite” and “Kickstart”/”Jumpstart”.
- Participate in Root Cause Analysis reviews when applicable.
- Residents will have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience with Server technologies, Redhat/Linux, Solaris, and HP-UX. Experience with Veritas Volume Manager.
Redhat/Linux, HP-UX, and Solaris
Server Builds experience
Problem solving skills
Strong Documentations skills
Excellent Communication skills
Ability to execute.
EMC - 21 months ago
EMC has its head in the cloud. And rightly so for a company that's helping businesses build Web-based computing systems with its data...