Consult with senior executive leadership to create and drive solutions to achieve strategic vision. Establish and maintain strong, value-driven relationships with executive leadership of Highmark business areas. Provide project consulting process services directed toward establishing consensus among groups. Manage and coordinate all aspects of assigned portfolio including but not limited to: capability planning and prioritization; alignment with executive and business unit leadership direction; sub-portfolio monitoring and control; and management of resource demand and capacity. Facilitates the business case development and approval processes for assigned portfolio by leading cross-functional teams. Participates in sub-portfolio committee meetings. Meeting activities include new project requests as well as project updates including financial status and change requests requiring management attention. Coordinates extensively with and across Highmark multi-disciplinary functions as well as with the PMO. Coordinates project updates with assigned PMO teams. Analyzes the sub-portfolio's risk and alignment to corporate priorities. Coordinates and communicates the status of sub-portfolio progress against plans and facilitates corrective action as necessary. Manages sub-portfolio strategic vendor relationships. Educates portfolio stakeholders and enforces standard operating model processes.
* Bachelors Degree plus a minimum of 10 years project and/or portfolio management experience
* A minimum of 10 years of experience with the application of process improvement and technology to address business challenges
* A minimum of 5 years in a senior consulting principle/manager/director role
* A minimum of 5 years experience with project portfolio management (PPM)/oversight
* Masters Degree
* Ability to build professional networks; knowledge of company's strategic direction and strengths and weaknesses; process improvement; understanding of health products; experience in system integration; strong verbal and written skills
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills; software development life cycle methodology
* PMP, Six Sigma
Highmark has staked its claim as the largest health insurer in the Keystone state. A licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association,...