This position reports to the Global Retail Training team. We are looking for an innovative designer who will deliver compelling learning experiences through innovative training design.
The right candidate loves technology. She or he believes in the power of Apple solutions and evangelizes their benefits. The right candidate has a strong working knowledge of Mac and iOS and is able speak confidently with both tech enthusiasts and Mac loyalists. As important, this designer can easily adjust the pace of conversation, ask the right questions, and use appropriate analogies that connect customers new to Apple to the right solution.
The Multimedia Training Designer will have a solid writing background. He and she will also be able to perform a needs assessment, create behavioral learning objectives as well as design training materials and facilitator guides using rich media, HTML 5, graphic design, podcast production skills, photography and/or video (two of more of these skills required). The learning experiences designed will be accessible to employees with special needs and reflect the innovation of Apple Retail. Web-based simulation experience, particularly in systems training, is strongly preferred.
The right candidate believes in the importance of treating customers with respect, including listening well and presenting appropriate solutions. She or he strives to make any learning experience truly memorable. Materials include classroom curriculum, facilitator guides, web-based simulations, iBook,s iPad Apps, video, e-learning, role play scenarios, and more. A successful Instructional Designer in this role has prior retail experience and a proven track record of sales and service. Apple Retail experience is strongly preferred.
The Instructional Designer will build compelling learning experiences that are fresh and innovative and that transfer enduring understanding and have lasting behavioral impact. The candidate will have an eye for seeing how materials can be built and delivered in efficient, innovative ways. The Instructional Designer in this role will be responsible for creating and maintaining a design calendar that includes regular communication with and feedback from stakeholders.
This role requires a dynamic, inspirational presence—a person who listens well and cares about creating great solutions and who can build strong relationships and drive results. She or he must be able to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced, innovative environment. The position demands high quality, creativity, and consistency while working on multiple tasks simultaneously. The ideal candidate possesses strong organizational capability and project management skills. The position requires proven instructional design skills that map to the quality demands of the 21st-century adult learner. This Instructional Designer will be expected to set creative standards for a blended approach to delivery, including classroom learning, on-line learning, podcasts, interactive video, just-in-time learning and assessment tools. A strong candidate will possess the right blend of thinking differently and working productively.
The right candidate loves Apple products, esteems the Apple Retail experience, and wants to contribute to Apple Retail’s growth and success. The right candidate possesses a deep respect for those working in our stores and creates training that reflects a desire for team members to increase their capacity, confidence, and job satisfaction. This person should also be capable of leading the development of creative course materials that inspire Apple’s Retail team to become engaged and willing to participate in the learning process. Additional requirements include developing both instructor-led and self-paced training delivered through a variety of methods including classroom, web, and mobile devices.
Prior classroom experience teaching trainers how to deliver training successfully to a variety of global audiences is also preferred. Some travel may be required.
- Manage and maintain product-training initiatives
- Apply Apple standards to all aspects of work projects
- Work towards developing global solutions in close partnership with regional partners
- Assess course materials for revision and continuous improvement
- High-performing Apple employee strongly preferred
- Embodies the Apple Retail culture and approach to service; highly respected by peers and leadership
- Finds creative solutions to problems in the store
- Active participant in development of peers
- Ability to facilitate collaborative, cross-functional decision-making processes
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional ability to listen and build rapport with a wide range of cultures and personalities
- Strong understanding and experience with the Mac and iOS platforms
- Examples of excellent oral and written communication skills (see Design Skills below)
- Availability to travel in the USA and abroad is required
The ideal candidate will possess a strong aptitude in two or more of the following design capabilities, particularly HTML5 and video design. Samples will be required.
- FileMaker Pro or other database design—Skills may include: FileMaker, FileMaker Server, Bento, SQL.
- iOS app development—Skills may include: Objective C, C++, Cocoa, Xcode.
- Graphic design/illustration/animation—Skills may include: Vector art and illustration, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe After Affects.
- Video editing and publishing—Skills may include: Photography, videography, Motion, FinalCut Studio, Logic Studio, OS X Server (Podcast Producer).
- Mac OS X Server—Skills may include: Podcast Producer 2, Wiki Server.
- Slide presentations—Skills may include: Keynote.
Apple reinvented the mobile phone with its revolutionary iPhone and App Store, defined the future of mobile media and computing devices with...