Technician - Garment Room
Physical Location: 2501 NW 229th Ave Location: Site Services - West
Location City: Hillsboro Department/Function: US VWR CATALYST
State/Territory/Province: US-OR Last updated: 4/9/13 12:07 PM
VWR International, LLC, headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a global laboratory supply and distribution company with worldwide sales in excess of $4.1 billion in 2012. VWR enables the advancement of the world's most critical research through the distribution of a highly diversified product line to most of the world's top companies in the pharmaceutical, biotech, industrial, educational, governmental and healthcare industries. With 160 years of industry experience, VWR offers a well-established distribution network that reaches thousands of specialized labs and facilities spanning the globe. VWR has over 8,000 associates around the world working to streamline the way researchers across North America, Europe, and Asia stock and maintain their labs. In addition, VWR further supports its customers by providing onsite services, storeroom management, product procurement, supply chain systems integration and technical services.
Job Description :
The Garment Technician is responsible for working in the laundry room and maintaining garment stations at a customer site. The Garment Technician will carry out routine tasks all of which can include: Receiving (Laundry carts), point of use replenishment (Laundry), Garment inspection, and allocation of hanger spaces within customer gown rooms. Must be cognizant of and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures and regulatory requirements.
Experience & Skills:
- Inspection of used garments to identify any damage prior to shipment
- Point of use replenishment of laundry items
- Collection of used garments
- Collection of usage data at point of use and adding it to tracking log
- Receive inbound shipments from common carriers
- Responsible for preparing shipping documentation and staging material for pickup.
- May require traveling to customer sites
- Conform to all customer requirements for background checks, health and safety issues, security clearances and medical checkups.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent Customer Service Skills; display a professional can-do attitude
- Perform duties with the highest regard for safety and quality
- Ability to understand and follow site protocols, policies and procedures
- Must be flexible, forward- thinking, motivated, and have the ability to act independently
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office with proficiency in Word, Excel, and data entry skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of VWR’s products and services
- Problem-solving skills
- High school diploma or GED preferred but not required
- 1 -3 years applicable experience in material handling/inventory replenishment or customer service
VWR maintains a drug free workplace
- 2 years ago - save job
VWR (NASDAQ: VWR), headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, is a leading, independent provider of laboratory products, services and solutions...