Managing child support cases a nd a pplying knowledge of policies procedures a nd state a nd federal regulations to progress cases through the a dministrative a nd legal system;
Establishing a nd enforcing child support orders;
Locating non-custodial parents;
Researching a nd reviewing records to gather information vital to cases;
Educating customers on the process a nd their options a nd responding to customer inquiries;
Verifying existing data on a n a utomated child support system
This position works with customers to a ccess child support programs a nd receive program services.
A dditional Experience Required:
Experience with MS Office products a nd in the use of a personal computer.
Must be a ble to communicate effectively a nd professionally verbally a nd in writing to a ll segments of the population.
MAXIMUS (NYSE:MMS) is a leading health a nd human services a dministrator for governments in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada a nd A ustralia. We deliver a dministrative solutions to improve the cost effectiveness, efficiency a nd quality of government-sponsored benefit programs a cross the globe. Operating under our founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People ®, we have more than 7,000 employees located in more than 220 offices worldwide. MAXIMUS is a n A ffirmative A ction a nd Equal Opportunity employer.
Education Required: A ssociates degree from a n a ccredited college or university or equivalent experience
Education Preferred: Bachelors degree from a n a ccredited college or university
Technical Skills/Knowledge Required: Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word a nd Excel)
Technical Skills/Knowledge Preferred :Bilingual capabilities
Subject Matter Expertise/Experience Required: 3-4 years of a pplicable related job experience
Subject Matter Expertise/Experience Preferred: Experience working with culturally/linguistically diverse a nd disadvantaged populations in a courteous a nd effective manner
Personal/Soft Skills: Strong customer service, organizational, interpersonal written a nd verbal communications skills, a bility to interact courteously a nd effectively with a variety of people, a bility to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment, a bility to work a s a team member, a s well a s independently a nd a bility to work under standards-based performance measures
Duties / Responsibilities:
1. Provide info to customers in a courteous, polite a nd professional manner
2. Perform a ccurately a ll data entry
3. A ssist customers a nd entry level staff in problem resolution
4. Receive a nd respond to telephone calls
5. A nswer questions of a general nature a nd direct incoming calls
6. Initiate follow-up calls to customers
7. Maintain confidentiality a nd security of information
8. Must be a ble to take direction from a ppointed Mentor/SME for training purposes or when immediate supervisor is not a vailable
9. Operate multi-line phone system, a nswer incoming telephone calls a nd perform other clerical duties proficiently a nd professionally
10. Respond to needs, questions a nd concerns of internal a nd external customers
11. Comply with current a nd updated policy a nd procedures
12. Perform other duties a s may be a ssigned by management
MAXIMUS offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
Healthcare Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
Short a nd Long Term Disability Insurance
Life/ A ccident Insurance
Flexible Spending A ccounts (FSA)
401(k) Retirement Plan with company match
Our benefit program a lso includes paid holidays, PTO, tuition reimbursement, a nd supplemental insurance (pet ins., a uto ins., legal plan, long-term care ins, a nd credit union).
MAXIMUS - 2 years ago
MAXIMUS (NYSE:MMS) is a leading health and human services administrator for governments in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada and...