United States-District of Columbia-Washington
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Position of Public Trust
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Mgr Information Technology 1 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be supporting the USPS ETS contract at the USPS HQ location in Washington, DC.
This resource will be implementing a new design for Blue, the world’s largest intranet, LiteBlue, the USPS extranet, parts of usps.com and KeepingPosted.org, the USPS retiree website. The resource will also follow guidelines, processes and testing procedures for creating or retrofitting web pages to make them Section 508 compliant. the resource will perform end-to-end internet/intranet/extranet development and implementation. The resource will be expected to work independently or semi-independently with a minimum of guidance or direction.
Duties and Responsibilities
Note: This includes content architecture — including layout, navigation design, HTML coding, graphics, and content update.
- Develop internet/intranet/extranet applications to present USPS to employees and the outside world and to provide USPS easy access to other Internet services — USPS.com (internet); Blue (intranet); LiteBlue.usps.gov (extranet) and KeepingPosted.org (internet).
- Expertise in the accessibility compliance standards of Section 508 Amendment to the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
- Implement interfaces to allow outside users and employees to access USPS databases and other information sources.
- Evaluate firewalls and other internet access tools.
- Implements evaluated tools and topologies as directed.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Line management responsibilities will include meeting financial goals, increasing customer intimacy, increasing base generation, mentoring employees through the development of engagement and development plans, and annual completion of Perform1NG.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Project Management, or related technical field or equivalent experience
- 10 years progressive experience in med to large Information Systems
- Experience with MS products (word, excel, PowerPoint, project, outlook).
- Active US Postal Security clearance required
- 5 years - IT support experience
- Advanced degree or PMI certifications (PgMP or PMP)
- Experience with NG internal systems
- Demonstrated ability/experience to lead a team of technical personnel
- Demonstrated ability/experience to interface well with USPS customer base.
- Position prefers a candidate with a current Position of Trust
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...