The Agriculture Sales Specialist is responsible for advancing the use of genomic approaches to crop and livestock markets and driving sales strategies to grow Illumina’s business within the Agriculture sector.
Specific Tasks and Responsibilities include:
• Guide and provide market-specific technical support to sales team through the sales process from prospecting new customers to facilitating negotiating and closing of the sale when needed; includes technical presentations to customers and ILMN sales teams.
• Work with the Global Ag Consortia Manager to assist in coordinating multi-national consortia.
• Build key relationships to drive sales of Illumina products to the Ag market segment.
• Develop and implement a Business Plan which includes analysis of market segmentation, market sizing, and sub-segment entry strategy recommendations.
• Provide manager with input for Global Business Plan.
• Partner closely with regional account and sales managers to drive
segment-based sales activities through both strategic and tactical
•Provide regular reports on status of specific sales and competitor activities
within the market
•Develop and drive internal initiatives to better address the genomics
needs of the market
•Work with Mktg partners to drive internal change to better meet needs of the market, including products, pricing, and promotion
•Develop sales forecast and update management on a regular basis.
•Train the generalist sales force regarding specific needs and applications
for the Agriculture market.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this
position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations
for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
• MS degree and/or PhD in Life Sciences. PhD strongly desired.
Preferred Experiential Background:
• 3+ years of direct hands-on work experience within the Industry preferred
• 2 to 4 years of experience in Life Science sales or a related area (Mktg,
business development, or other position with commercial/revenue
• Proven team player with exceptional interpersonal and communication
skills. Skilled presenter and ability to put people at ease.
• Well developed professional and strategic sales skills with proven ability to
develop and grow key accounts through networking at all levels within the
• Strong desire to win business and establish long term customer
relationships and loyalty, understands techniques to assess long-term
profitability of a customer
• A driver, with excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Detail and service oriented individual.
• Strong technical background in both molecular biology/genomics and
industry specific applications is required
• Strong knowledge of Market, with established relationships with key
industry thought leaders
• Strong knowledge of the Illumina sales process, with a keen
understanding of cultural differences and insights for operating effectively
within these cultures
• Ability to build compelling business cases and drive objectives within the
Equal Opportunity Employer/ Affirmative Action Employer
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...