We have an opening for a Full Time Medical Leader to work at our primary care employer health center located in Glenn Allen, VA!
As part of Walgreens Health and Wellness division, Take Care Health Systems Employer Solutions ( www.takecareemployersolutions.com ) is the manager of worksite-based health and wellness services. We operate on-site employee health centers, pharmacies and fitness centers for many of the country’s largest corporations and federal agencies . The company combines best practices in healthcare and the expertise and personal care of our providers to deliver access to high-quality, affordable and convenient healthcare.
The health center is open Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm. No call required!
While working at this employer site, you will have the ability to get to know your patients, while helping to improve their health status and taking care of their immediate health needs.
- Assumes overall responsibility for patients receiving care in the health center
- Works in tandem with Health Center Manager/Supervisor to ensure a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- Provides episodic, preventive, occupational and/or primary health care to patients depending on the needs of the client. Conducts histories, physical exams and prescribes medical treatment
- Develops treatment plans in collaboration with patients; educates and advises on medical issues as needed
- Provides referrals both internally and externally to appropriate medical resource or specialty
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care and monitors progress of patients
- Participates in the development of annual health center goals and objectives
- Maintains medical records (In some health centers it may be using Electronic Medical Record software)
- Evaluates the effectiveness of medical care; schedules follow up visits and/or phone calls
- Identifies emergency situations and provides care within legal scope of practice
- Reports directly to the Regional Medical Director for medical responsibilities and reports indirectly to the Health Center Manager/Supervisor for administrative and operational workings of the site
- Leads and motivates medical providers in the health center environment; uses effective medical and people/performance management processes
- Participate in the development of policies and guidelines (clinical and administrative) to correct and improve service to the client/account
- Collaborates with other health center staff to ensure clinical alignment and scope of practice based on evidence based data
- Establishes communication mechanisms to deliver consistent and timely communication of directives, best practices, regulatory and medical research updates to health center staff
- Supports, leads and models the vision, mission and values of the company
- Coordinates and researches continuing educational opportunities for the development of staff within the health center
- Ensures the use of standardized and consistent medical procedures/processes within the health center
- Assists with decisions regarding the hiring of physicians and providers to ensure quality and fit of candidates
- May be requested to teach/train precepts and provide mentoring to site physicians and staff providers
- May oversee and provides evidence based process improvement recommendations to ensure quality of care
- May be a subject matter expert in a particular medical field or expertise; Occupational Health, Primary Care, Pharmacy/PC integration, Integrative Medicine, etc. and provides consultative advice and insight on unique medical cases, patient situations and/or client issues
- Participates in the incident/occurrence reporting process being mindful of Risk Management and mitigation, quality, compliance and client relationships
- Other projects as required to address specific medical needs
- Performs annual evaluations of all physicians and providers with input from the Health Center Manager
- Other duties as assigned
If you seek an exciting, new opportunity that offers a competitive salary, excellent benefit package and a great environment - bring your energy, enthusiasm and expertise to Take Care Health Systems.
Take Care Health Systems is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of nice people!
- MD or DO degree, Board Certified in Family Practice
- 3 – 5 years minimum in Family practice, emergency room, or ambulatory care
- Must have current state and federal DEA certification.
- Current Certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required
- Minimum 3 years management/leadership experience within the healthcare industry
- Demonstrated interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills, confident in all settings with individuals at all levels of the organization both internal and external
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite and web-based programs
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of Virginia
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Knowledge of workplace health and safety concepts and OSHA regulations
Take Care Health - 18 months ago
At Take Care Health Systems we offer a more personalized, human approach to healthcare.
Our Take Care Clinics, conveniently located in...