Ready to take your underwriting background to a new level? Always interested in taking your background in underwriting to portfolio strategies?? Join an organization that is on the move, one that is in-synch with your energy and ambition. The Travelers' Select organization is focused on executing a vision to be the largest, most profitable Small Commercial carrier in the United States. In support of that vision, we are searching for a motivated, energetic Product Director to be part of a team aligned to drive the achievement of financial objectives for the CMP Line of Business. This position offers the candidate an opportunity to be engaged in dynamic, market-leading strategy development for a Fortune 500 company - a role that provides significant skill development for career advancement in the future!
The Select Product Director will create and use analytics of state, regional, market, segment trends to develop and/or adjust line of business strategies consistent with Small Commercial business objectives. Support the strategy development process by incorporating knowledge of risk characteristics and underwriting processes.
We partner with many other areas in Select Accounts to ensure an understanding of Small Commercial actuarial, product and underwriting strategy. Engage with the State Product Management teams and Distribution Management as appropriate to ensure alignment with national pricing strategies. May participate in Enterprise line of business projects and represent Small Commercial in meetings and other forums.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Analytics including national and state level analysis of economic trends, competitor activities, legal and regulatory environmental factors that will form a foundation for the development of national product strategy.
* Creation and or interpretation of analytics to understand line of business trends and inform monthly reviews of production results; including how risk characteristics interact with the financial components of the line of business.
* Development and execution of monitoring plans to measure success of line strategies, including the communication of results across the organization.
* Creation of business requirements for development and recalibration of predictive models, underlying rating plans and related tools.
* Provide leadership to multi-functional teams charged with assessing the performance of segments of the book of business resulting in recommendations to increase profitable growth.
* Creating and delivering presentations to interested constituencies across Select (Home Office and Field) and Business Insurance.
* Representing Select Product Strategy in discussions on a variety of topics impacting the Line of Business, including platform development, product management, underwriting and others.
* Minimum five years Commercial Lines underwriting or Product experience required.
* Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent experience; an MBA degree, or CPCU, AU or ARM designations are a plus.
* Solid knowledge of technical and portfolio underwriting.
* Strong knowledge of competitive market conditions.
* Fully able to understand and integrate Small Commercial Vision and Core Values in daily work.
* Understanding of rating structures including the ability to understand competitor's rating structure. Able to extract and analyze competitive data.
* Understanding of insurance financial metrics (the income statement, balance sheet and production metrics).
* Strong analytical ability to dissect, manage and interpret management information.
* Critical Thinking: Analyzes complex issues and problems then synthesizes information to identify key issues and makes decisions.
* Ability to interact with a broad constituency including but not limited to Senior Management, Product Management, Product Lines Management, Underwriting, Actuarial, Field Leadership, Claims and Enterprise Leadership.
* Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
* Basic Microsoft Access skills or the ability to learn.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We actively promote a drug-free workplace.