Olympus America Inc., with headquarters in Center Valley, PA is a precision technology leader, creating innovative opto-digital solutions in health care, life science and consumer electronics products serving customers throughout North and South America. Olympus works collaboratively with its customers and its affiliates worldwide to leverage R&D investment in precision technology and manufacturing processes across diverse business lines. These include: gastrointestinal endoscopes, accessories, and minimally invasive surgical products; advanced clinical and research microscopes, digital cameras and voice recorders.
Southborough, MA - The Finance Business Manager will support the key strategic initiatives of the Ear, Nose, and Throat (ENT) business. The incumbent will be the key contact person for financial and operational matters for the ENT business. The ENT business is a division of the Medical Systems Group (MSG), which is responsible for selling and marketing ENT’s devices. He/She will focus on analyzing the financial results of the ENT business. The incumbent will also be responsible for modelling marketing initiatives. He/She will also be responsible for evaluating current business processes as well as recommend, develop, and implement new processes to improve operational efficiencies and management reporting. He/She will work closely with MSG Operations, ENT’s VP of sales, ENT’s sales force, and ENT’s Marketing Group.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
- Provide detailed monthly commentary on P&L fluctuations.
- Review and analyze customer contracts.
- Provide ENT Marketing with financial support and analysis.
- Responsible for modelling ENT’s marketing initiatives.
- Prepare ENT’s annual budget and quarterly forecasts.
- Facilitate the identification of problem areas, recommend process redesign to promote effective, and efficient and economic business practices.
- Analyze business process requirements with information system requirements and capabilities to ensure efficient and effective use of information resources.
- Work with marketing to ensure projects and programs are financially viable.
- Develop and generate management reports for marketing and upper management.
- Analyze the performance of marketing programs and investment strategies.
- Provide general business analysis, including return on investment.
- Conduct variance analysis, statistical analysis, and other quantitative and qualitative assessments relating to financial performance.
- Responsible for the creation of models and analytics designed to meet the needs of ENT Marketing.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or Management is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of related Business, Accounting, or Finance experience is required.
- A CPA and/or MBA are strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated ability to use different modelling techniques for consistent results is vital.
- A demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions to analytical problems, making use of spreadsheets, databases, statistical packages, and graphics is essential.
- Comprehensive knowledge of business Operations, Finance, and IT systems are a must.
- Strong analytical and communication skills are essential.
- Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills, and be proficient in Microsoft applications including PowerPoint and Excel.
- The ability to travel regularly to Center Valley, PA approximately 10% of the time.
- The ability to travel domestically is required.
- The following physical demand is required:
- Stand/Sit/Walk 8 hrs a day
Olympus - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard