JOB TITLE: Outside Sales Representative.
JOB REPORTS TO: Sales Manager.
Sells waste collection and recycling services to commercial and industrial new business
opportunities. Sells temporary business where clear opportunity is present.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Interested candidates should submit resumes and salary requirements by clicking "Apply Now". Please reference Job Title and Job #.
- Sell waste collection and recycling services to new commercial and industrial business opportunities.
- Develop and implement sales action plan based on goals and objectives as set forth by management.
- Prospects for new business opportunities through the use of sales tools including territory observations, business to business directories and publications, consulting business associates, attending trade shows, internet web sites, and other sources.
- Input and maintain CRMS database on customers and other sales data and information.
- Prepare professional proposals and conduct effective sales presentations by emphasizing saleable features and benefits, as well as Company added value.
- Utilize negotiation and closing skills to secure new business.
- Prepare service agreements containing rates, services, and terms and conditions.
- Coordinate the transition from the initial sales phase to ongoing account management.
- Prepare and submit sales activity reports in a timely manner, or upon request by management.
- Attend industry trade shows as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related area preferred; two to three years experience selling business to business; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to qualify and quantify new business opportunities through an analytical and consultative approach.
- Ability to prepare and interpret business and/or sales reports, correspondences, and service agreements; also must be able to analyze and interpret procedural guidelines regarding operations, maintenance, and safety.
- Ability and confidence to effectively present to individuals, groups, or organizations.
- Comprehends general customer service philosophies.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical skills as related to business applications.
- Strong user skills in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), MS Outlook .
- Able to multi-task through balancing individual and team goals and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates strong sales skills through building and sustaining business relationships with customers.
- Able to effectively use time management and organizational skills.
- Committed to success through aligning work priorities with strategic goals and opportunities.
- Strives to continuously build sales skills and knowledge.
- Displays professionalism in behaviors and attitudes both in and out of the work environment.
- Must successfully pass the Pre-employment Assessment Evaluation, Sales Professional
- Assessment Inventory.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Employee may occasionally be required to lift or move objects of 25 pounds or more.
- Employee must possess a valid driver’s license and have daily use of a vehicle in sound working condition.
- Approximately 75% of the job function is performed outside the office.
Going Green for the Environment.
- Occasional travel to Region or Corporate office for meetings and training
- May be required to work on holidays
Sales Careers Online - 3 years ago