Student Program Internship - R&D Product Engineering Intern MSP-1208320
Organization : Corporate Staff Groups
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Minnesota
Job Type: Student Programs
3M is seeking a summer Intern to work in St. Paul, MN for the Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division. The target start date for this position is May 2013.
An intern (typical 10-12 week, full-time schedule assignment) position is a temporary assignment with 3M's Corporate Student Programs. Corporate Student Programs is designed to provide 3M with the opportunity to identify qualified candidates for regular employment, and to provide students with the opportunity to integrate their academic knowledge with work experience. As a Student Programs participant located in St. Paul, MN you will develop skills, and gain work experience in your field of study.
This position is limited to working 899 hours per service credit year.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
Location: The person hired for the position of Product Development Intern will be located in St. Paul and subsidized housing will be provided for those who qualify.
- To development new products in the area of laminating adhesives and labels
- To collaborate with senior staff to implement novel new product ideas.
- To work within the stage gate new product system (eNPI) to document results and gain approval for advancing the work to the next stage.
- To work within corporate guidelines for health and safety.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering from an accredited university with expected graduation by June 1, 2014.
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.4 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Previous experience as a 3M Intern or Technical Aide OR internship with a manufacturing company.
- Exhibits good communication skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to manage and investigate new technology areas with confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Innovative, resourceful and organized self starter
About the Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division
3M Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division (IATD), 3M's largest operating division, provides a multitude of innovative adhesive solutions to high growth market spaces. IATD continues to reinvigorate a 50+ year old business into a stronger growth engine for 3M. We are focused on building innovative solutions, driving customer intimacy, and delivering solutions to solve customer's design challenges. We have an energized team and a global network to meet the needs of both multinational and local customers.
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $27 billion in sales, 3M employs about 80,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/SIG=15rp5itg8/http:/cts.businesswire.com/ct/CT?id=smartlink&url=http://www.3M.com&esheet=6627509&lan=en-US&anchor=www.3M.com&index=1&md5=d97e6d24dbc1a38178e1dde881fface6 or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
3M - 2 years ago
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...