The American Diabetes Association (ADA) is seeking a Fundraising Manager to manage Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes and support other special events. This exciting opportunity is available for an individual to join our nationwide organization with a mission that affects the lives of 26 million children and adults in the US living with diabetes and another 57 million who are at risk for developing the disease. We are looking for a high-energy, passionate and disciplined leader to organize, recruit for, and manage our Step Out and other special events.
As Manager of Step Out, this individual will be responsible for meeting predetermined recruitment and fundraising goals for our signature event, Step Out: Walk to Stop Diabetes in Oakland and San Francisco. This is a fundraising position with its primary focus on revenue generation.
Position requires skills for community outreach and developing corporate partnerships to generate revenue. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing and implementing key fundraising activities at the community level and serving as a member of a larger team working with common goals. Cold-call sales experience and customer relationship building experiences are highly desirable. Strong presentation skills - oral and written – are required. Must know how to close the deal, confirm mutual understandings, and manage sponsor participation to successful outcomes. Must pay close attention to details, be able to manage multiple activities, and be extremely detailed oriented. Key responsibilities will include recruiting, managing and developing walk teams and committee volunteers and directing online fundraising and wrap-around events. Other duties will be assigned as needed.
This is a full-time position with benefits that include salary, vacation, retirement and health plans.
• Bachelor's degree
• Three to four years experience with similar voluntary health agencies, or in the nonprofit industry in a fundraising position.
• Previous experience developing relationships with corporations and achieving annual goals.
• Demonstrated sales experience preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (donor contact database knowledge a plus).
• Highly organized, detail oriented, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a face-paced environment.
• Must have excellent facilitation and/or presentation skills.
• Ability to attend some weekday evening meetings and perform some occasional weekend work.
• Applicant should enjoy working in the field and with face to face interactions.
• Access to a car as frequent local travel throughout the market is required.
• Must fully embrace working with diverse volunteer groups as well as identifying and cultivating high-level donors.
• Must have access to an automobile as local travel is required.
• Must have ability to promote and market the event to ensure maximum participation.
• Must be a self-initiator
• Knowledge of San Francisco Bay Area communities is a plus
• Ability to lift 35 lbs.