The objective of the Associate Director Digital Audio Distribution & National Accounts role is to provide necessary support and resources to the growth of ESPN Audio, with a focus on distribution. Success in this role will be defined as:
1. An ability to provide superior customer service with a focus on renewal of existing distribution partnerships (Sirius XM, Slacker, Tune In) and effective sourcing of new distribution partners,
2. Diligent research and discovery of new business opportunities, including efficient analysis for negotiation/strategic decision making purposes, and
3. Detailed project management for such partnerships and opportunities.
ESPN, Inc., The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest portfolio of multimedia sports assets with over 50 business entities. Headquartered in Bristol, Connecticut, ESPN is 80% owned by ABC, Inc. (a subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company), and 20% by the Hearst Corporation.
ESPN was founded by Bill Rasmussen and launched on September 7, 1979. Now with over 6,500 employees, each year ESPN televises more than 5,100 live and/or original hours of sports programming. The company’s mission is to serve sports fans. Anytime. Anywhere.
In collaboration with the Sr. Director Audio Distribution & Business Development and other members of the management team, the Associate Director Digital Audio Distribution & National Accounts will play a key role in helping execute audio distribution pitches and agreements. This position is responsible for project management, deal implementation and customer service. In conjunction with Content, Programming, Marketing, Ad Sales, Engineering, Digital Partnerships and Finance, this individual will also help execute successful partnerships to drive value for renewals.
This position requires the application of strategic business execution and negotiation support skills. The Associate Director Digital Audio Distribution & National Accounts will become subject matter expert and be able to maximize partnerships with audio distributors: satellite, digital and other. In addition, this person will evaluate opportunities to drive growth of the business. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to industry research and tracking, analysis of new business opportunities, contract administration, presentation development, and assisting the management team with other special projects as directed.
- Assist in executing the start-up phases of new business initiatives with strong attention to detail
- Negotiation support and partnership management
- Monitor competitive activities and identify the needs and interests of digital affiliates
- Monitor partner activities and become subject matter expert in their businesses
- Develop relationships, both internally and externally
- Quality control for digital content (including piracy, brand cleanliness of offering and proper spot clearance)
- Content aggregation (developing an Audio content shelf for syndication to existing and prospective partners
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Must be able to establish influential partnerships at all levels
- Must be able to translate business goals into functional strategies
- Extremely detail oriented with strong analytical skills
- Well-organized and able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and team work skills with commitment to make those around you better
- Experience in media preferred
- BA or BS in a related field
Imagine a career with an organization that brings smiles to millions every day. Imagine working with people whose passion for what they do is simply indescribable. We are The Walt Disney Company, live with a rich legacy of innovation, entertainment, and lifelong memories. With our vast array of both businesses and professionals, you’ll have the opportunity to join a team that’s beloved around the world, and to find out how it feels to love what you do. We invite you to discover for yourself why a career with Disney is the opportunity you‘ve been looking for.
ESPN, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
ESPN, Inc. - 12 months ago
ESPN, Inc. The Worldwide Leader in Sports, is the leading multinational, multimedia sports entertainment company featuring the broadest...