This an Engineering role focusing on Unix operating system builds, specifically Linux, and their integration into the Credit Suisse environment. The role involves project-related work in an Engineering environment. This is not an operational role.
The role involves:
- Design, engineer and document globally used UNIX platforms based on Linux.
- Responsible for the timely delivery of platform releases as well as the overall quality and security of the products.
- The role-holder is expected to be capable of interaction with and influencing of key stakeholders in the relevant area of expertise. Internally, these stakeholders would include senior stakeholders within the global technology organization.
- Externally, the role-holder is expected to interact with vendor organizations such as Red Hat, Oracle, Symantec, etc.
- Global 3rd level support
- 4 year Bachelor's Degree (BA/BS or equivalent) in Computer Science or related technical field
- 10+ years technical/engineering competency developed through practical experience in the design, implementation and operation of complex Linux / Unix environments and related infrastructure systems
- Demonstrated enterprise engineering skills with an understanding of major enterprise architecture frameworks / approaches from experience in a large global organization that will allow ability to evaluate solutions in context
- Self-motivated, dedicated and dependable
- Solid system security awareness
- Proactive problem identification and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
Specifically seeking for the following technical skills:
The individual brings a commercial mindset to the role and demonstrates a strong sense of personal accountability in providing end-to-end delivery. The person has a track record in bringing efficiency in day-to-day operations. The individual has excellent ability to work collaboratively across cultures in a global environment.
- Expert in Linux, RedHat 5/6 (SUSE Linux and Solaris is a plus)
- Solid in scripting technologies: Shell, Perl
- Strong in Networking (TCP/IP, UDP, BOOTP, ARP/RARP, DHCP, NTP, Firewall configurations, etc.)
- Solid experience with RedHat Kickstart
- Solid experience with automated provisioning tools such as Spacewalk or RedHat Satellite
- Solid experience with automated configuration tools such as Puppet
- Solid understanding of Logical Volume Management (e.g. LVM2) / Multipathing (e.g. Device Mapper)
- Experience with Storage Systems like Netapp, EMC (NAS, NFS)
- Experience with Clustering, based on RedHat or Symantec products
- Experience with Veritas Volume Manager and Filesystem
- Good understanding of Directory Services (AD, LDAP)
- System and Kernel performance tuning
- Capable of creating custom Linux boot images
- RPM and Solaris packaging
- C programming is a plus
- Competent in virtual environments like VMware ESX
- Experience with HP and/or CISCO Hardware is a plus
Credit Suisse is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category.
To the extent permitted or required by applicable law, a candidate who is offered employment will be subject to a criminal record check and other background checks.
Credit Suisse - 10 months ago
Credit Suisse (USA) is one of the top US investment banks, offering advisory services on mergers and acquisitions, raising capital,...