Job Listing Detail
Child Protection Specialist
Listing Number: 9298-133
- Applications must be received by Midnight Mountain Time on the closing date.
For more information contact:
Public Health and Human Services
Human Resources P.O. Box 4210
Helena , MT
Local Montana Job Service Workforce
Public Health and Human Services
Child & Family Services
South Western Region IV
State Application Required:
$34,694.00 - $43,368.00
Additional Salary Information: Depending on qualifications and internal equity.
Training Assignment: This agency may use a training assignment. Employees in training assignments may be paid below the base pay established by the agency pay rules.
Conditions of the training assignment will be stated in writing at the time of hire.
Do you want to join a team of professionals who are making a positive impact in this community? This position is a Child Protection Specialist with the Department of Health and Human Services . We are looking for employees who can help us to provide services to promote healthy people and healthy communities.
For this position we offer yearly benefits , which include:
Successful applicant(s) will be subject to:
- A contribution of $8,796/year towards health, life, dental, and optional vision insurance;
- Choice between two defined retirement benefit plans and optional 457(b) deferred compensation;
- Fifteen days paid vacation, twelve days sick leave, and ten paid holidays.
Criminal History Background Check
Driving Record Check
This position provides family-centered services within a trauma-informed system to assure safety, permanency, and well-being for children who are at risk of or have been subjected to child maltreatment. Responsibilities include: 1) Assessing child safety; 2) Determining appropriate interventions to control for safety threats; 3) Developing treatment plans for parents to build protective capacities and strengthen families; 4) Implementing timely permanency plans for children that ensure placement stability and meet requirements of established laws; and 5) Assuring positive outcomes with regards to children’s and families’ well-being, including physical and mental health issues.
To request a complete job description, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Competencies:Required for the first day of work:
- Ability to make critical decisions, based on integration of information from multiple sources that may be discrepant, in high-stress situations.
- Ability to engage children and families, under difficult circumstances, to gather sufficient information to make accurate and precise decisions.
- Ability to identify problems, develop and implement solutions.
- Ability to communicate information both orally and in writing so others will understand.
- Ability to remain calm when being confronted and to develop constructive and cooperative working relationships with others, even those who do not share the same point of view and may be violent or angry, and maintain them over time.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and general office equipment as necessary to complete the essential functions, including using spreadsheets, word processing, databases, email, internet and other computer programs.
- Knowledge of child development, child maltreatment prevention and treatment, and family centered social work practice.
- Knowledge of the methods and procedures for Child Protection Specialists.
- Knowledge of the laws and rules pertaining to child protection services, such as child safety, permanency and well being, and Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA).
Child Protection work experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, human services or psychology, or directly-related degree.
- Two years of social services work experience, or directly-related work experience, working with children and families in difficult and sometimes volatile situations.
- Other combinations of education and experience maybe considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Experience working with tribal government entities and/or other organizations of native peoples is highly preferred.
Your answer to the following question must be specific as to dates and employers. If this supplement is used as a screening tool, your answer may be rated based on months or years of experience. Reference will not be made back to your state application or resume.
Please describe how your education and/or work experience has prepared you to be successful in this job.
Additional Materials Required: None Required