- Support the corporate goal of maximizing profitability by protecting the company’s investment in accounts receivable.
- Supervise and assist with the collection and dispute resolution for our National Accounts and Regional Account customers (522 Accounts).
- Team Lead will maintain a flexible schedule to assist the Manager in ensuring that the overall quality, productivity, goals and standards are met while maintaining high quality customer service.
- Accounting for Central Billing accounts receivable and supporting customer relations through the proper management of the billing, and A/R process.
- Manage accounts assigned by reconciling, collecting past due balances, fulfilling customer requests, correcting billing errors, cash application, and answering billing related and set up questions.
- Facilitate meetings as needed internally as well as with customers.
- Monitor Central Billing Aging Report.
- Assist Manager of Centralized Billing with Month End Closing.
- Assist with Monthly reconciliation to G/L, and Journal entries as needed.
- Research customer payments.
- Request National and Regional account set ups.
- Provide reports and supplementary documentation as necessary.
- Troubleshoot SAP system issues.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as required.
Supervision of Others:
- Directly supervise 7 + AR Analysts.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws.
- Responsible for hiring and training; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining; addressing complaints and resolving problems for direct reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business preferred.
- 4+ years in an accounting environment.
- 3-5 years of Supervisor experience preferred.
- Knowledge of billing process and accounts receivable transactions including but not limited to:
invoicing, credits, cash application, sales terms, pricing, delivery transactions, account set up, data collation, and tax.
- Excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Analytical abilities to perform account research and reconciliations to resolve account disputes.
- Experience in the use of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, SAP, Outlook and PeopleSoft.
America has a gas with AmeriGas Partners. Purveying propane has propelled the company to its position as the top US retail propane marketer...