COMPREHENSIVE COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS JOB DESCRIPTION
POSITION: OFFICE MANAGER
REPORTS TO: ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER
FLSA STATUS: EXEMPT
Manages the daily operation s of the medical practice including personnel, financial, clerical, housekeeping, and maintenance and purchasing functions. Plans programs, allocates, and assigns duties to employees. Reviews medical records for compliance and billing requirements. Monitors activities and operations to ensure that the practice successfully meets its objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
o Critical Thinking
- Provides leadership, direction and coo rdination for general clinic operations
- Demonstrates leadership skills of:
o Conflict Management
o Negotiation and Motivation
o Personnel Development
o Time Management
o Research and Prepare reports
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrates initiative and implements changes to improve clinic operations
- Conducts regular staff and provider meetings and assures related minutes are recorded
- Conducts periodic Quality Improvement activities and shares data with staff
- Clearly defines expectations from staff and develops team work
- Utilizes resources in an effective and economical manner
- Management of clinic operations to achieve and maintain financial performance targets
- Has a working knowledge of the centers overall operating budget
- Ability to analyze budget quarterly to reflect reasons for variances of >5%
- Meeting the clinic goals and objectives in line with clinic mission and vision
- Gathering and reporting data for fiscal, statistical and analysis purposes
- Achieves and maintains targeted staffing, quality and service standards
- Manages internal and outreach services of the clinics
- Assures that physician call schedules are developed for all providers
- Works collaboratively with Billing department to assure timely and accurate capture of charges for services provided
- Plans and schedules work in a cost effective manner
- Consults with Human Resources or Administration prior to a formal counseling or dismissal of employee(s).
- Processes all paperwork in a timely manner and forwards to appropriate departments (i.e., Administration, Payroll etc.), for time off, counseling actions, and performance evaluations.
- Conduct performance reviews. Recommends staff merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions.
- Completes and updates personnel files-ensures re quired forms are completed.
- Submits office staff time cards for payroll processing bi -weekly verifies accuracy and completeness of employee time.
- Approve and maintains all vacation and other “days off” schedules for providers and staff.
- Ensures all positions are filled with tr ained personnel during vacation /sick calls and fill in when needed.
- Responsible for maintaining high moral e and good relations through out the office.
- Maintains office policies and procedures manuals.
- Responsible for training all personnel in EMR system
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES · Knowledge and experience in information privacy laws, access, release of information, and release control technologies.
- Graduation from junior college or an accredited University i s a plus.
- Minimum of five to seven years of work experience, with increased responsibility, in a medical environment.
- Minimum of five year s of e xperience supervising staff.
- A 'Can-Do" attitude, showing initiative and willingness to adapt to change.
- Ability to handle staff questions, problems and concerns.
- Ability to handle delicate and possible stressful situations
- Ability to understand managed care.
- Ability to understand reimbursement requirements.
- Knowledge in scheduling effic i ency and patient flow in a medical practice.
- Ability to manage issues of a confidential nature.
- Proficiency with computer applications such as Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge in Electronic Medical Records (EMR)
- Neatness and a friendly appearance.
- Dem onstrates organizational skills.
- A bility to facilitate when needed, strong communication (Verbal and Written) skills, with the ability to interact with a variety of persons.
- Be understanding, courteous and professional at all times with patients, visitors, employees, and medical staff.
- Ability to attend and participate in outside functions from time to time.
- Ability to adapt to a variable and frequently extended work schedule.
- Ability to function independently
- Ability to drive or arrange reliable transportation to meetings, seminars and as a needed for office functions.
- Ability to effectively delegate tasks to personnel and supervise their completion.
Working in a m edical office environm ent at times , may be fast paced and require meeting deadlines within a narrow time frame. Working hours may often exceed the typical 8-hour workday and may require evenings or weekend work. This position requires pr olonged sitting, some bending, lifting, stooping and stretching. Good eye-hand Administrative Supervisor rdination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a computer keyboard photocopy machine, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment is also required. Employee must have normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
NOTE: The essential job functions for this position include, but may not be limited to those listed in this job description. Employees hired for this position must be able to perform the essential functions of this job without imposing significant risk of substantial harm to the health or safety of themselves or others .
Board Approved: 12/18/2012 Office Manager - 1
Monster - 12 months ago
Comprehensive Community Health Centers, Inc. (CCHC) is a California Non-Profit Public Benefit Corporation. CCHC is a Federally Qualified...