“Applications Development Intern”
ABOUT MSCI Inc. ( www.msci.com )
MSCI Inc. is a leading provider of investment decision support tools to investors globally, including asset managers, banks, hedge funds and pension funds. MSCI products and services include indices, portfolio risk and performance analytics, and governance tools.
The company’s flagship product offerings are: the MSCI indices which include over 120,000 daily indices covering more than 70 countries; Barra portfolio risk and performance analytics covering global equity and fixed income markets; RiskMetrics market and credit risk analytics; ISS out-sourced proxy research, voting and vote reporting services; CFRA forensic accounting risk research, legal/regulatory risk assessment, and due-diligence; and FEA valuation models and risk management software for the energy and commodities markets. MSCI is headquartered in New York, with research and commercial offices around the world.
For further information on MSCI, please visit our web site at www.msci.com
DESIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Provide support to the various Application Development groups
- Develop various automation tools, as well as various scripts and plug-ins
- Manage system/software configurations and troubleshoot development environment issues
- Must be currently working on Bachelor's, Master's, or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science or a related Engineering field.
- Must be able to develop specifications for a given task and create a software implementation usable by others
MSCI Inc. is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Java and associated technologies
- Eclipse or similar IDE experience
- Scripting language experience (e.g., Groovy, Perl, Python)
- Excellent problem-solving/troubleshooting skills, fast learner
- Self-motivated and able to drive projects on your own
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience or interest in Finance a plus, but not required
MSCI - 21 months ago