Daktronics is recognized worldwide as a leader in the large electronic display industry. The company designs, manufactures, sells, and services a variety of display products in three primary markets: sports, commercial, and transportation. The field service student will support full time field service staff in servicing customers in the Houston area.
1. Assist with maintenance and repair of display systems, scoreboards and message displays. This includes working on Daktronics products and competitor products.
1.1. Become familiar and proficient at reading schematics and using trouble-shooting equipment. Examples of equipment include soldering and de-soldering equipment, Analog and Digital oscilloscopes, frequency generators, power supplies, multimeters and Daktronics Test Fixtures.
1.2. Learn Daktronics products, systems and processes and accurately diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair these systems in a timely and quality-conscious manner. Will use classroom and work experience to accurately diagnose, troubleshoot and repair Daktronics products.
1.3. Work with internal and external customers via the phone or in person to troubleshoot and diagnose problems.
2. Assist with installations and provide field service as needed or assigned. Will drive to work sites.
3. Be on-site and/or on-call during scheduled events for facilities that have purchased event support. This includes working nights/weekends.
4. Will assist with both service and sales calls.
5. Accurately and timely complete office paperwork.
6. Work effectively as a team member assisting when and where needed.
7. Represent Daktronics in a confident and professional manner.
8. Become knowledgeable about Daktronics scoreboards and message displays.
9. Become knowledgeable about and follow company procedures.
10. Regularly and reliably work scheduled hours.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Enrolled as a full time student in a curriculum leading to an associates or bachelor’s degree in Electronics or Electrical Engineering Technology or Computer Engineering Technology.
2. Must be able to work with little supervision.
3. Valid drivers license and good driving record. Motor vehicle records will be checked.
4. Good English verbal and written communication skills.
5. Ability to understand and troubleshoot and repair microcomputer controlled display systems.
6. Mechanical skill.
7. Ability to work at heights, work from ladders and ability to carry ladder and/or tools to work site from vehicle. Ability to lift 60 pounds.
8. Background check will be conducted.
Daktronics - 4 years ago
Daktronics, Inc. is a supplier of electronic scoreboards, large electronic display systems and related marketing services, digital messaging...