The Accounting Manager position establishes financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, and verifying information as well as managing staff. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities. It will have contact with senior level management which requires strong interpersonal communication skills both written and verbal. PLS has approximately 184 Loan Stores in eight states including Alabama, Arizona, California, Illinois, Indiana, Mississippi, Texas and Wisconsin.
- Direct a staff of 7, establishing goals and objectives as well as enhancing the professional development of staff.
- Participate in the development of annual budget and period forecasts, as well as manage actual vs. budget variance analysis.
- Maintenance of accounting systems, including design of financial reports, general ledger accounting and reconciliation.
- Manage audits from public accountants and industry regulators.
- Review and develop accounting policies, processes and controls.
- Support Controller with special projects, workflow process improvements, enforcing accounting regulations and recommending new procedures.
- Collaborate with other finance department managers to support overall department goals and objectives.
- Maintain financial security be establishing internal controls and developing accounting policies and processes.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of all monthly, quarterly and year-end close financial information.
- Accomplish accounting and organizational mission by completing related results as needed.
- Ad hoc projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, MBA/CPA a plus
- 7-10 years of relevant accounting experience in a corporate environment, preferably in a multi-location retail or financial service industry
- 5+ years of prior management experience, with proven ability to develop staff and increasing levels of responsibility
- Experience with a financial reporting system, MS Dynamics GP (Great Plains) and FRX a plus
- Demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills and flexibility
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills as well as project management and planning
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint)
- Strong commitment and ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
Benefits for eligible employees include: medical / dental / vision, 401k, vacation, opportunities for advancement, on-going training available. PLS is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer and drug free work place.