The Category Manager works with the Category Managed accounts to grow Driscoll’s berry category sales (unit movement, revenues, and gross profits) through effective analysis and strategy planning to develop win-win solutions for both Driscoll’s and our distribution partners.
The Category Manager’s focus is to create & execute account goals that support Driscoll’s strategic plan and provide the best return on investment for our Growers, the Category Managed Accounts and Driscoll’s.
This most recent addition to our Category Management team represents continued growth for the department and will be supporting our North East U.S. Region. The person hired will work remotely from their own home or office and ideally be located in Washington D.C. or the surrounding area.
• Communicating, planning, analyzing and reporting tactical projects from concept development through implementation.
• Executing Driscoll’s Category Management programs.
• Working individually but also within a team environment.
Building Driscoll’s brand recognition through the category management initiative.
• Working cross functionally within Driscoll’s to develop marketing and product procurement programs.
• Analyzing demand forecasts and identifying innovative packaging and account-specific marketing opportunities to support the Category Managed Accounts.
• Maintaining a thorough understanding of the market place and especially that of the accounts they are assigned.
• BS/BA degree plus 2-4 years general business experience including 1-2 years in the retail grocery/produce area and/or 4-6 years in direct field sales, or equivalent.
• Requires ability and experience to successfully: interact with people, exchange information, negotiate, present, persuade, problem solve, analyze data, sell and work effectively to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Travel up to 60% of the time required via air and ground. Must perform work in a wide variety of client or industry sites including: hotel rooms, airports, warehouses, retail locations, conventions and trade shows, etc.
• Evening and weekend work required as it pertains to meeting customer needs and deadlines
• Requires expert written and verbal communication skills.
• Must possess math skills commensurate with the ability to read and understand statistics, budget documents and interpret market research reports.
• Requires strong computer skills, office equipment operation, extensive experience with the use of Microsoft Office products and the willingness and ability to learn new software programs.
• Requires physical ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods, walk, bend, stoop, kneel, occasionally lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Must have a valid US driver's license and maintain eligibility for a US Passport and vehicle insurance.
Driscoll's - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Driscoll's is the World’s leading supplier and marketer of fresh organic and conventional berries. A fourth-generation, family-owned...