Craft Recruiting / Development Manager
The TIC – Wyoming Craft Recruiting / Development Manager will be responsible for managing all aspects of the talent of our craft workforce. This includes determining hiring needs, building a pipeline of qualified candidates, staffing various projects throughout the United States, as well as implementing a craft development program to ensure that we are training and engaging our core workforce. In so doing they will serve as the primary point of contact for our craft workforce throughout the recruiting process and continuing through their careers with TIC. They will also partner with District Management, Site Management, and the Corporate Human Resource team to ensure that their efforts are aligned with the projects and corporate needs.
Craft Recruiting - Develop, implement and execute:
- best in class craft recruitment processes and marketing strategies to identify and attract top talent to meet organizational needs
- high quality trade recruiting procedures and processes including interview guides, job descriptions and job posting information
- detailed staffing plans / projections for projects in cooperation with site supervision and Operations managers
Craft Development - Develop, implement and execute:
- best in class craft development program to retain top talent and meet organizational needs
- communication strategy for all of our employees marketing the craft trainee programs to ensure increased participation and that the right people are getting training at the right times
- Bachelor’s Degree in human resources, business administration, or related field
- 4-6 years of progressive experience including:
- 1-2 years of progressive experience recruiting craft employees
- 1-2 years of progressive experience developing training programs
- Craft recruiting and development experience may be a suitable substitute for formal education given an acceptable level of skills achievement.
- Additional specialized training and education in subjects applicable to Human Resources management, construction techniques, construction management or engineering are a plus.
- Considerable knowledge of industrial construction craft disciplines
- Using relevant information and individual judgment to determine whether events or processes comply with laws, regulations, or standards
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Competent with Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Visio, OneNote, and SharePoint)
- SAP software knowledge preferred
- Ability to manage a high volume workload, work well under pressure, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment with limited supervision
- The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events)
- Ability to travel up to 50%
TIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages females, minorities, veterans and the disabled to apply.
Kiewit Corporation - 13 months ago
Peter Kiewit Sons' is a heavyweight in the heavy construction industry. The general contractor and its subsidiaries have a breadth of...