The American Red Cross is a humanitarian organization, led by volunteers, that provides relief to victims of disaster and helps people prevent, prepare for, and respond to emergencies. It does this through services that are consistent with its Congressional Charter and the Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The American Red Cross is the foremost volunteer emergency service organization in the United States with more than 590 chapters nationwide.
Coordinates the overall interdisciplinary client care plan, from assessment to case closure. Provides crisis intervention and assists families in understanding implications and complexities of their situation. Determines, implements and facilitates coordination of emergency services and assistance. Acts as a liaison between client/family, Red Cross and community resources to ensure necessary assistance is provided promptly and effectively.
1. Interviews client and family, coordinates and plans services to meet immediate and ongoing needs. Determines appropriate services, assistance within activity protocols to meet service member and/or family circumstances and provide accurate and appropriate casework documentation.
2. Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of client and family members; assistance with coping skills, stress management and anticipatory grief and grief reaction. Provides crisis intervention service to help clients minimize impact displacements, disruptions, losses and.or stresses.
3. Provides ongoing support for client and family; monitor and document status. Collaborates with SAF Emergency Communications Center to deliver case management services to clients in the Chapter's jurisdiction and provides assistance, when requested, in obtaining verifications, delivering messages and for any other actions that support timely, effective client services.
4. Identifies and assists client and family in casework process for services through the Red Cross and/or other agencies/organizations. Advocates on behalf of clients to address landlord issues, medical benefits, mental health concerns, court issues and helps obtain all additional resources to meet client's needs. Provides casualty outreach, Casualty Travel Assistance Program (CTAP), information and referral, and other support services to military families within Chapter's jurisdiction.
5. Maintains accurate client/family service statistics and generate reports in accordance with Chapter and National Headquarters standards. Utilizes the SAF Case Management System (CMS) to document casework services.
6. Identifies, develops and maintains key relationships with external partners to promote Red Cross services and programs. Develops and maintains liaisons with military representatives, government agencies and social service organizations for coordination of service delivery to military members and their families.
7. Serves as technical subject matter expert (SME) to internal and external constituents.
8. May lead volunteers, coach interns and assign casework assignments.
9. Recruits, trains and works with volunteers and treats all clients, volunteers, guests, and other employees in a courteous and respectful manner at all times while maintaining a cooperative atmosphere for everyone.
10. Carries out any additional assignments required to fulfill the Mission of the American Red Cross.
If this sounds like the kind of opportunity that you've been waiting for, please visit our website at:
The American Red Cross is a nonprofit organization that employees growth and development, team spirit, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer M/F/D/V
Education: Bachelor degree in Sociology, Social Work, Psychology or related field or combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
Experience: Minimum 3 years of casework experience in social service or related environment.
Management Experience: N/A
Skills and Abilities: Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Collects and researches data. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Manages difficult or emotional client situations. Responds to requests for service and assistance; develops alternative solutions as needed. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment. Works ethically and with integrity; maintains confidentiality. Demonstrates indepth knowledge of community resources and applicability.
Other: Intermediate level proficiency with MS Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
Travel: May involve field work.
Essential Functions/Physical Requirements: Depending on work assignment, may require ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations; or the ability to stand, walk and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights up to 20 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm, hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read technical information. Overall mobility is essential including sitting for long periods of time, driving a vehicle and working under challenging conditions.
Work Conditions: Work may be performed in various settings such as indoors, in the field or any setting that is determined appropriate to provide adequate services; with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to emergency services relief work. May travel and participate in meetings and conferences throughoutchapter jurisdiction, state and Red Cross system. Because the Red Cross is a disaster responseorganization, staff may be asked to be on 24-hour call during period of major disaster.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
American Red Cross - 2 years ago
The humanitarian mission of the American Red Cross connects us to people and communities across the nation and around the world. The common...