USA-- Austin, TX
If you join
you can make great ideas happen for some of the world's most dynamic companies. With broad global resources and deep technical know-how, we collaborate with clients to cultivate ideas and deliver results. Choose a career at Accenture and enjoy an innovative environment where challenging and interesting work is part of daily life.
As a key enabler of long term growth for Accenture, Accenture Software (ASW) has the charter to identify, launch, incubate and scale vertical software business opportunities in partnership with Operation Groups, Industries, Growth Platforms or Geographic strategy. This will be achieved through both organic and inorganic opportunities with the immediate positioning of the business under a software operating model key to its short, medium and long term success. Our P&C software suite offers modern, functionally rich applications to help insurers of all sizes achieve high performance.
The Database Administrator (DBA) administers development, testing or demonstration of databases. They perform many related database functions across one or more engineering teams or clients, including designing, implementing and maintaining new databases, backup/recovery and configuration management. The DBA installs database management systems (DBMS) and provides input for modification of procedures and documentation used for problem resolution and day-to-day maintenance.
The primary DBMS used by APSP is Oracle. Knowledge of IBM DB/2 and Open Source MySQL is highly desired.
education and production usage.
- Monitor software database license process
- Manage technical action reports to resolve bugs/issues with DBMS software
- Develop/maintain/participate disaster recovery plans
- Support capacity planning
- Participate in implementing database strategies and solutions
- Provide database maintenance activities
- Monitor database logs for potential problems
- Participate in planning software upgrades and patches
- Provide outage resolution support and perform analysis to resolve recurring database issues
- Install and configure DBMS
- Provide database support for software development/application projects
- Verify on a daily basis that database backups have completed successfully
- Perform data modeling for changes to the database structure, as needed, for application releases
- Create and maintain database install scripts for application releases
- Create and maintain all databases required for development, testing,
ensure that the site is running the products that are most appropriate.
- Performs ongoing tuning of the database instances.
- Implements and enforces security for all of the Oracle Databases.
- Evaluates releases of Oracle and its tools, and third party products to
Planning is also performed by the DBA, along with the application developers
and System administrators, to ensure that any new product usage or release
upgrade takes place with minimal impact.
- Enforces and maintains database contraints to ensure integrity of the
views, sequences, packages and procedures.
- Administers all database objects, including tables, clusters, indexes,
- Assists with impact analysis of any changes made to the database objects.
A four-year Degree in one of the following academic disciplines:
A minimum of five years of full-time, progressive experience in Oracle database administration and management.
- Computer Science or Software Engineering from a Computer Science Accreditation Board (CSAB) accredited university.
- Business Administration (BA, MBA or PhD) in Business Administration with an Information Systems concentration (must be from an AACSB accredited University).
- Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical) from a university accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- Please note that these are minimum requirements, and those with advanced degrees (Masters Degrees, Doctoral Degrees) are strongly preferred
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Applicants for employment in the US must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship from the employer for a visa.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Accenture - 2 years ago
For Accenture, the accent is on helping businesses improve their performance. The world's largest consulting firm, Accenture offers a...