As a senior management team member, this position provides the Vice President and Associate Provost for Internationalization with advice and assistance on all issues related to the use of the resources and personnel in support of the office's mission. The Associate Vice President (AVP) provides leadership for and manages the administrative operations of many functions of the office including budgetary and strategic planning, personnel, health and safety, international student support, administrative management of global gateways, tax, legal, accounting and human resources liaison, and special projects as needed. The AVP works very closely with the Vice President and Associate Provost and the Associate Vice President for Internationalization in support of the various administrative offices within the Notre Dame International Office, including the international institutes (Kroc, Kellogg, Nanovic, Keough-Naughton, Institiute for Asia and Asian Studies).
Specific responsibilities include:
- Oversight of budget and strategic planning in preparation and monitoring of the annual salary and non-salary budgets, for both unrestricted and restricted accounts including all of the NDI's endowed spending accounts. Works closely with the VP and Associate Provost on short and long-term planning. Budgetary planning responsibilities encompass all parts of the operations, including study abroad, international students, the international institutes, and global gateways.
- Coordinates with Budget and Finance Manager in all financial/accounting transactions to ensure compliance with University policies and procedures and general prudent business practices. Responsible for enhancing the effectiveness of resource utilization, with particular attention given to donor restricted funds, and the reallocation of funds to support new initiatives.
- Overall management and strategic planning for preparation and utilization of financial, human, and physical resources as part NDI. In collaboration with the VP and Associate Provost evaluate proposals with NDI, but also pronounce areas of intended growth as part of strategic plan.
- Responsible for overall staff administration including overseas staff. Directly or indirectly supervises the NDI office staff, which consists of faculty support and administrative/student support staff. Serves as liaison with the Office of Human Resources Office. Responsible for all recommendations for changes in position descriptions, departmental staffing plans, and all performance evaluations. Plays an active role in filling all staff positions.
- Acts as key resource for VP an Associate Provost as directed to support all international activities reporting through this office including strategic partnerships with foreign universities and research organizations as well as alumni relations development, and corporate and foundation relations.
- Works to ensure effective collaboration and cooperation among all administrative offices reporting through the VP and Associate Provost as well as other University departments across campus. Serves on committees as directed.
- Coordinates the most effective management of Global Gateways. Coordinate with University administrators regarding resources related to building improvement and equipment.
- Oversees Health and Safety and Institutional Risk Assessment and related mitigation strategies for NDI, both on campus and abroad.
There is a preferred candidate identified for this position.
MBA or related advanced degree required.
Good working knowledge of Notre Dame Budgetary, Financial, Human Resources, and Risk Management systems.
University of Notre Dame - 23 months ago
The University of Notre Dame, founded in 1842 by a priest of the Congregation of Holy Cross, is an independent, national Catholic university...