Truven Health Analytics delivers unbiased information, analytic tools, benchmarks, and services to the healthcare industry. Hospitals, government agencies, employers, health plans, clinicians, pharmaceutical, and medical device companies have relied on us for more than 30 years. We combine our deep clinical, financial, and healthcare management expertise with innovative technology platforms and information assets to make healthcare better by collaborating with our customers to uncover and realize opportunities for improving quality, efficiency, and outcomes. With more than 2,000 employees globally, we have major offices in Ann Arbor, Mich.; Chicago; and Denver. Advantage Suite, Micromedex, ActionOI, MarketScan, and 100 Top Hospitals are registered trademarks or trademarks of Truven Health Analytics. For more information, please visit www.truvenhealth.com .
Works on range of servers from VMs to Blades to SMP. Supporting OS builds, upgrades and patches as well as user requests and instruction. Experience with various versions of Linux, and Unix such as SUSE, Redhat and Solaris. Participate in solution discussions, and work with team to implementing solutions for server deployments. Experience with SAN and NAS as well as local raid controllers. Build file systems using Volume Management utilities. Provide assistance to user community to resolve questions on usage of Unix utilities and program. Experience with utilities such as Veritas, DNS, LDAP and automount desirable. Must be able to work independently with little to no supervision on large projects. Occasional travel to remote U.S. datacenters may be required. Some minor hardware support may be required as well.
Primary responsibilities include supporting servers from an operating system perspective and managing various business unit technical requirements. Must be proficient in supporting the Linux operating system, preferably Redhat Linux. Systems Engineers must be able to manage project work, and be able to estimate workloads. Systems Engineer will assist in testing and evaluation of new technologies to ensure compatibility and functionality, review business unit technical design proposals, participate in and lead project teams.
* BA, BS or AA or Equivalent work experience with 2+ years experience in related work
Knowledge and Skills
- Minimum of 2 years administering Redhat or SUSE 10/11 running in a 24x7 environment; including server builds, nfs, shell scripting, performance tuning, patch management and firmware updates.
- Minimum of 1 year providing Solaris support and Experience with ZFS and Zones desirable.
- Implement software and hardware RAID solutions, using Linux LVM, Symantec/Veritas Volume Manager or Solaris Volume Manager
- Working knowledge of NAS and SAN technologies, preferably experience with Hitachi Data Systems and EMC storage technologies
- Experience configuring backup tools like TSM and Symantec Networker.
- Must have working knowledge of network (LAN/WAN) technologies and UNIX system management tools
- Knowledge of UNIX server hardware components
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux security hardening
- Experience in supporting systems running Oracle or Informix a plus.
- Proven analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Ability to set scope and deliver quality results
- Strong scripting skills in one of the following; shell scripting, Python or PERL
- Very strong documentation and communication skills
- Experience using and tweaking monitoring tools such as Orion, Nagios and SiteScope.
We seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations regardless of race, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Truven Health Analytics is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Preferable 2+ years of Operating System experience supporting sophisticated mission critical environments
- Demonstrated project guidance with delegation experience
- Preferable 1+ years of direct customer service experience
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2013 fiscal year (October 1, 2012-September 30, 2013).