ATTENTION ASPIRING SCREENWRITERS!
Are you an aspiring screenwriter? Did you sell one of your kidneys to pay for film school? Are you dying to get a feel for what it's REALLY like to live the life of a someone in the film industry? Then look no further. The perfect internship is here for you.
Established screenwriter/producer is looking for a personal assistant to help manage both personal and professional daily tasks including:
- Managing my calendar and lying on my behalf when I am running late for meetings.
- Screening stalker phone calls/emails and handling them when appropriate.
- Reading and providing feedback on numerous scripts and novels submitted for consideration.
- Carrying out research for current scripts in development.
- Telling my agent/manager I am sick when deadlines are looming.
- Sitting in on producer meetings, taking notes, and pretending that their opinions are valid.
- Refraining from Facebooking pictures with celebrities who attend our meetings or events.
- Picking up my 8 year-old son from school (which is a mere 5 minute walk from my home/office).
- Occasionally taking my son to the park or museum on playdates with his spoiled rotten bratty friends.
- Supervising second grade homework duties and mind-numbing SpongeBob art projects.
- Assisting with Social Media marketing (my Twitter account, website, etc.)
- Assisting with the writing of treatments, character descriptions, one-sheets and other items as needed.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:
- Burning desire to work in the film industry as a writer or producer
- Ability to handle pressure and thoroughly incompetent people
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing
- Familiarity with Final Draft and screenplay formatting
- Ability to refrain from drowning obnoxious children
Upon completion of this internship, you will learn what it’s like to be a single parent screenwriter, and decide if law school and a vasectomy looks like a better option after all.
The deadline to apply is FRIDAY, AUGUST 30, 2013.
- Position is located on the Upper East Side and easily accessible by the 4,5,6 train (East 86th and Lexington)
- Hours are 2:30 pm – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday
- Occasional evening or weekend hours include free meals in Glitzy NYC Restaurants for producer/actor meetings.
- Time off given to attend ACTOR AUDITIONS or visit STD clinics as needed.
- Serious opportunities to write, network and HAVE FUN.
Interviews will take place FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 6, 2013.
Position begins MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 9, 2013.
Position ends DECEMBER 15, 2013.
*** You are expected to work 15 hours a week and will be paid $50 each week plus MetroCard for transportation. ***
To apply, please submit your resume, writing sample, cover letter and anything else you think will convince me to pick you by using the apply button below.
InternMatch - 6 months ago