Who We Are:
Ball Corporation is a supplier of high-quality metal packaging for beverage, food and household products customers, and of aerospace and other technologies and services, primarily for the U.S. government. Our more than 13,000 knowledgeable, motivated and customer-focused employees share Ball's high regard for mutual respect, integrity and ethical conduct.
Founded in 1880, Ball Corporation was originally known for the glass canning jars your grandmothers used to use. Today, Ball makes packaging that enables delivery of safe, nutritious food and beverages and convenient household products to consumers around the world. Ball Aerospace is known for its contributions in support of space and Earth science, exploration, national security and intelligence programs.
Ball Corporation is headquartered at the foot of the Rocky Mountains in Broomfield, Colo., where skiing, mountain biking, hiking, climbing and other outdoor sports are world-renowned. Around the world, we have operations in North and South America, Europe and Asia.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Supervises the plant production function as directed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
· Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
· Responsible for maintaining process quality in accordance with Ball Packaging Operations’ process and quality standards.
· Supervises the plant production function as directed.
· Facilitates on-the-job training and development of subordinates' skills to ensure a continued high level of production and morale.
· Maintains production spoilage and maintenance records.
· Facilitates communications and dissemination of information between crew operations.
· Reviews the performance and personal development of all subordinates on an individual basis.
· Schedules hourly employee holidays, vacations, overtime, and job assignments to meet plant needs.
· May maintain PM programs, equipment and machinery.
· May input employee payroll hours into system.
· May track and maintain employee attendance records.
· May order parts as needed.
· Inputs, retrieves, and evaluates information to and from computer systems.
· Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
· Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence.
· Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
· Broad training in a related professional field usually acquired through college level education or work related experience.
· Job-related experience for 2 years minimum.
· Working knowledge of the following areas: production specifications and mechanics of equipment, Ball Packaging Operations quality standards, and generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures.
· Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant production techniques, procedures, and criteria.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
· Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
· Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
· Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
Relocation for this position is NOT Available.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans.