THIS POSITION WILL PRIMARILY SUPPORT OUTPATIENT /PRIMARILY ADULT PATIENTS/ PRIMARILY IN WATERVILLE....
There may be a need to travel to other sites, and there may some pediatric patient load........
Essential Functions and Primary Responsibilities
1. Adheres to organizational policies and procedures to include safety practices. Attends/completes mandatory training.
2. Speech Therapy Process – Practices in a manner that enhances competence, patient outcomes and promotes professional practice. Adheres to the ASHA Code of Ethics and Scope of Practice in Speech-Language Pathology.
3. Adheres to and promotes unit Values and Standards.
4. Organizes patient treatment so that it is efficient and effective.
5. Professional growth – participates in activities to enhance personal practice and support patient advocacy both within the MaineGeneral system and in the community.
6. Maintains professional certification/licensure by meeting state/national CEU requirements.
Current Licenses Required
Current State of Maine Speech-Language Pathology (SLP) License by Maine Board of Speech-Language Pathology, Audiology and Hearing Aid Dealing and Fitting is required
Certifications - Required
Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) from American Speech Language -Hearing Association (ASHA) is re quired
Certifications - Preferred
Education – the level of knowledge usually acquired through completion of:
Master’s degree, Speech Pathology and/or Communication Disorders is required
Experience - Preferred
Up to 1 year is preferred
Other Special Skills – Preferred
Must have the ability and aptitude to adapt to using computer keyboards and terminals Proficiency in a Suite of Microsoft Office applications
MaineGeneral Health - 22 months ago