Job ID #: 23587
Company : Expedia, Inc.
Location : USA - WA - Bellevue
Functional Area : Technology
Employment Type : Full-Time Regular
Education Required : Bachelor of Science
Experience Required : 5-7 Years
Relocation Provided : To be determined
Use your LinkedIn Profile to help you apply faster!
inApply with LinkedInGet hired faster
Position Title: Operations Manager, GIS Global Operations
This manager level position is responsible for forming a global operations team responsible for driving first level activities of Expedia’s Brands and Global Infrastructure Services group to completion. The ideal candidate will be able to successfully form a global 24/7 team responsible for completing a variety of technical services, be able to institute management processes to ensure consistent delivery of those services, and work with internal customers to on-board new operational activities as well as drive improvements to existing activities through a data driven, systematic approach. This role requires thinking “outside the box” and approaching problems with a can-do attitude. Team duties will include various IT activities including:
- Ability to use internal tools to perform business application activities such as code deployments, patching and job maintenance
- Ability to perform basic network level administrative functions
- Ability to perform basic server/OS level administrative functions for Windows and Linux technologies
- Ability to perform basic data center activities such changing patch cables or remote-hands capabilities
o Expedia specific application operations such as deploying code under release & change management processes, data extraction/transform job maintenance, Microsoft SCOM management pack updates
- Manage a team of individual contributors that will be responsible for a variety of operational activities including:
o Low level server tasks such as renaming servers, freeing up space on full hard drives, OS patch maintenance, AV job maintenance
o Physical data center activities such patch panels, inventory auditing, remote hands
- Identify areas of opportunity and work diligently towards taking advantage of those opportunities by working directly with our internal customer base, identifying Tier 1 operational efforts and assessing frequency, duration and SLA commitments required.
- Implement management processes integrated within our ticket management system to maintain and improve service level agreements with internal stakeholders by creating and maintaining customer dashboards, clear definitions of services delivered and maintaining a constant feedback loop toward continuous improvement.
- Creation and maintenance of skill matrices, onboarding documents and training plans that will develop, foster and mature the 24/7 Operational team’s technical aptitude.
- Establish and maintain cross-training / job sharing programs across the Operational groups at Expedia.
- Be able to dynamically prioritize workloads with a constant eye on “keeping the lights on” by using real time reporting in Expedia’s ticket management system while maintaining SLA commitments
- Ability to respond to a changing environment and fluid organization structure and grow technically. Must be comfortable with ambiguity.
- Organizational agility - the ability to work in a productive and cooperative way with a variety of people ranging from VPs to individual contributors and support staff.
NOTE: Position may reside in either Bellevue, WA, or Chandler, AZ.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar discipline.
- 5-7 years of demonstrated IT management experience with an emphasis towards operations and support of high capacity mission critical systems.
- Exceptional operational skills, with the demonstrated ability to analyze a given scenario and produce viable solutions that reduce response times or increase productivity.
- ITIL v3 foundation certification or equivalent demonstration of good operational practices around service operations in a large scale IT organization.
- Demonstrated familiarity with a large cross section of infrastructure technologies including servers, operating systems, databases, data centers and network.
- Demonstrated familiarity with a large cross section of application technologies such as Java, C#, scripting languages and middleware
- Demonstrated familiarity with development methodologies such as Agile and Scrum.
- Comfortable with product life-cycle fundamentals and version/revision tracking tools such as GIT, Perforce, etc.
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia, Inc. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to nearly 149,000 hotels and hundreds of airlines, tour operators, car rental companies and destination services supply partners. Please visit http://bit.ly/expediabrands to learn more about our travel brands.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia - 13 months ago
As citizens of Expedia we don’t have a national anthem or a native dish (okay, maybe beer and late-night sliders), but we do have a...