Access Your Future Scholarship Program
Are you planning on or are you currently enrolled in a diesel technology program with the desire to pursue a career as a Service Technician? Are you interested in receiving reimbursement for your education? If your answer is yes, then the Access Your Future Scholarship Program is for you!
Access Your Future is a scholarship program for students interested in a career in the equipment industry as a Service Technician. This program provides two distinct career paths for qualified students who will either be attending, are currently attending or have just graduated from a certificate, two or four year accredited diesel technology program. This program also offers the student with an educational reimbursement.
Access Your Future Scholarship Program Paths:
The Access Your Future Sponsorship Path
Offers students part time paid employment at a sponsoring store (if store location permits) while attending college and between college academic years.
The Access Your Future Non-Sponsorship Path
Offers students who were not sponsored by a store during their education with full time employment upon graduation from an accredited diesel technology program.
- Attend and graduate from an accredited certificate, two or four year diesel technology program.
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) while in college.
- Adhere to academic policies, rules and regulations set forth by the higher learning center the student is attending.
- RDO Equipment Co. offers uniforms and cleaning services at no cost to the employees.
- RDO Equipment Co. offers the Tool Access Program, which allows Technicians to purchase Matco tools at a discounted rate.
- The mentored, paid internship provides opportunities to apply your education and learn from other skilled technicians on the job.
Excellent mechanical skills
- Diagnose, inspect, recondition, repair, assemble, and service equipment as assigned by the supervisor.
- Document machine information and repairs completed on work order, including parts and fluids used.
- Maintain a clean work area, as well as care for all shop tools, machines, and equipment. Identify and communicate solutions for customer service opportunities in the dealership’s area of responsibility.
- Maintain technical and product knowledge on all equipment sold within the dealerships area of responsibility.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments and adhere to all policies and procedures as specified in company manuals and as directed in the employee handbook.
- Conduct self in the presence of customers and community so as to present a professional image of RDO Equipment Co.
- Proactively seek and participate in available company-sponsored training, in an effort to develop and advance knowledge base and skill set.
- Participate in all company/location driven communication efforts, including open book meetings, huddles, department meetings and other related efforts.
- Maintain a positive and professional working relationship with peers, management, and support resources, with a constant commitment to teamwork and exemplary customer service.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management in a professional and efficient manner.
Trade specific tooling, including hand and pneumatic tools
Strong computer skills
Excellent customer service skills
Ability to assemble and perform maintenance functions on equipment
Excellent communication and written skills
Strong organizational skills
RDO Equipment - 12 months ago