We have an immediate opening for a Senior Analyst responsible for administration and analysis of sales incentive compensation plans for the company's sales force. The Senior Analyst-Sales Incentive Compensation assists management in the planning, designing and implementing the sales incentive compensation plans. This includes evaluating cost and effectiveness, and collecting and interpreting data from internal and external sources, ad hoc reports and analysis. The Senior Analyst conducts analyses and makes recommendations on jobs and incentives in order to evaluate internal equity, external competiveness, and legal compliance of the organization's pay practices.
- Sales Incentive Compensation Administration & Analysis
- Administers the Company's sales incentive programs on a global basis.
- Carries out complex financial analysis assignments involving the development and administration of compensation.
- Participates in the development, updating, implementation, communication and administration of incentive programs and assists by providing information relative to the administration of performance review for the sales force and sales management.
- Maintains an ongoing effort to ensure competitiveness, cost effectiveness, and equity of compensation programs.
- Ad hoc financial analysis and management presentations.
- Calculate and pay commissions timely and accurately according to Company commission plans.
- Identify areas for business, process and system improvement.
- Re-engineer and automate processes when possible.
- System and process testing and enhancement.
- Conducts on going analysis of processes.
- Researches and makes recommendations for process enhancements.
- Audits effectiveness of compensation programs on a regular basis.
- Participates in compensation surveys conducted by third parties, and may conduct compensation surveys as needed.
- Assists and partners with Human Resources to insure that all legal requirements for compensation programs are met.
- Responsible for developing and managing the company's sales incentive compensation programs.
- Accurately interprets, counsels, communicates, and educates managers and staff on pay decisions, policy and guideline interpretations, job evaluations, and job descriptions.
- Provides guidance and direction on complex compensation issues.
- Leads development and administration of compensation policies and guidelines.
- Conducts training sessions and facilitates meetings as needed.
- Leads various compensation projects and assignments as assigned.
- Assists with Sales Compensation Director, Manager and others to develop competitive sales incentive programs which drive performance and achievement of defined business goals and objectives.
- Gives guidance and advice on plan design.
- Ensures the incentive plans are in alignment with company and business unit strategies.
- Ensures participation and collaboration with the appropriate groups for insight and guidance related to design, feasibility, reporting, legal compliance, and ongoing administration of sales plans.
- Facilities meetings to establish and finalize plan criteria, communications, etc.
- Identifies and acts on opportunities to continuously improve (and redesign where needed) sales incentive programs.
- Proactively ensures deliverables are on schedule and the appropriate quality control steps are taken prior to release.
- Develops and maintains comprehensive sales, plan documentation (guides, and/or presentations).
- Creates additional training related materials to foster a greater understanding of the sales plans by the Sales Teams.
- Coordinates the development and execution of communications concerning sales plans in order to educate field and management on the plans, guidelines, or modifications.
- Conducts market research (industry and outside industry) and provides recommendations and analysis on the impact of incorporating leading, relevant strategies and components into sales incentive plan designs.
- Provides on going management of all incentive compensation plan issues, raising up necessary issues to the appropriate department and management level.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and publishing of renewal and booking reporting, utilizing Access, Hyperion, VBA with potential migration to SQL Server.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Human Resources, or related field of study.
- MBA is preferred.
- Certified Sales Compensation Professional (CSCP) and/or Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) certification and/or working towards certifications is beneficial.
- Five to seven years professional level sales compensation experience developing, analyzing and administering sales incentive plans.
- Five to seven years FP&A experience within a sales, sales operations, or sales finance function.
- Experience with international sales incentive compensation programs is beneficial.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to sales incentive compensation and compliance issues/risks is a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Access, Word and Power Point.
CenturyLink is an industry-leading provider of communications, high speed Internet and entertainment services from coast to coast. Our combination of business and residential service solutions – including home and wireless voice solutions and digital television – provide innovative solutions to our customers. CenturyLink is proud to be a participant in the U.S. General Services Administration Networx program, the largest communications services contract in the world. CenturyLink offers you the opportunity to develop and cultivate your career as we lead the communications industry into the future.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.
CenturyLink - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
CenturyLink is the third largest telecommunications company in the United States and is recognized as a leader in the network services...