Sales Engineer, Northwest
Department: America Sales
Reports to: Sales Engineering Manager
WatchGuard is moving security forward with its best-in-class, award-winning hardware and software unified threat management appliances, and messaging and content security solutions that provide extensible network, application and data protection. Providing unparalleled network visibility, management and control, WatchGuard solutions are easy to set-up, use and manage, which eliminates the challenges of protecting IT assets, giving businesses more control. WatchGuard’s broad portfolio delivers flexibility and deployment options that let you decide who, what, when, why and how to defend your network using Application Control, WebBlocker, Reputation Enabled Defense, spamBlocker, Gateway AntiVirus, Intrusion Prevention Service, and LiveSecurity.
The Sales Engineer is responsible for generating revenue within an assigned geographic area. They are responsible for directly engaging end users to stimulate business through indirect sales channels such as value added resellers (VARs), national resellers and distributors, and to serve as liaisons to channel partners with regards to any sales-related service and support issues.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, develop and expand technical relationships with key “indirect” reseller partners in territory.
- Drive revenue growth through identified reseller partners to end customers by providing pre-sales technical support and technical trainings.
- Assist Territory Sales Managers with pre-sales and post-sales support.
- Assist in increasing VAR and end user adoption of WatchGuard’s products through events and training (seminars, web trainings, technical trainings, etc.).
- Drive coordination of technical resources as needed to close prospective opportunities.
- Maintain reseller account information (technical contact / profile information, etc.).
- Identify and report on competitive trends (products, promotions, etc.) in territory.
- Escalate and resolve reseller / end customer issues when appropriate.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, Certifications/ Licenses, Competencies
- BA/BS or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five (5) years technical or equivalent experience in related industry
- Appropriate technical certifications required
- Proven track record in pre-sales and post sales activities
- Consistent achievement of assigned objectives and quotas
- Technical knowledge of networking infrastructure and Internet security systems
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Ability to work in a dynamic sales environment
- Effectively manage territory expenses
- Greater than 50% or as required to exceed sales objectives
Why Work for WatchGuard?
WatchGuard is on Seattle Business magazine’s list of Washington’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. Based in Seattle, Washington, with offices worldwide; including Canadian HQ in central Mississauga, Ontario; Tustin, CA; Beijing China; Singapore and The Netherlands, our career advancement opportunities, innovation leadership and entrepreneurial culture make WatchGuard a dynamic, rewarding and fun place to work. WatchGuard employees consist only of those with the desire to grow, learn, express new ideas, and the motivation to succeed as part of a winning team. In return, WatchGuard offers competitive salaries, a stock option plan, excellent benefits, flexible working conditions, and outstanding opportunities for professional growth.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to a diverse workforce.
WatchGuard Technologies - 10 months ago