Position Summary: This supervised position will allow for a college student who is seeking a career in the power industry to apply as well as enhance their knowledge with regard to all aspects power plant operation. This position will require the individual to work a normal day shift and will report to the Maintenance Manager at the Calpine Bethlehem Energy Center.
1. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Utilizing plant data systems to access equipment performance and reliability
Perform equipment inspections
Updating maintenance documentation and work management system
Updating and modifying plant drawings and equipment lists
Assist with predictive maintenance data recording and analysis
Assist plant staff with engineering projects and contract management.
2. Assist with mechanical and electrical maintenance tasks, inspections, and troubleshooting while under direct supervision by a qualified Calpine Employee.
3. Assist in development of standard operating procedures for operations.
4. Assist with the requisition of spare parts inventory for plant equipment.
5. Perform other duties as assigned while under the direct supervision of a Calpine employee.
6. Report to Operations Manager and take day-to-day instructions, both written and verbal, from the Plant Operator A, Plant Manager, Operations Manager, Maintenance Manager and Plant Engineer.
The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to describe the essential functions of the job and are not to be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position
Calpine - 16 months ago
Calpine may get hot, but it also knows how to blow off some steam. In 2012 the independent power producer and marketer controlled almost 29,...