City: La Crosse
State/Province: Wisconsin [WI]
Country: United States [US]
Position Title: Sales Representative - WI
Job ID: 3118
An opportunity to shape Syngenta’s future within Syngenta’s Sales Division
To enable our growth strategy, we are investing in our Commercial Operations teams and their ongoing capabilities so that we can grow in a way that is both sustainable and drives excellence into our organization.
With a solutions mindset and a holistic approach, we can ensure that Syngenta employees perform their activities with the customers’ needs in mind. We focus our consultative agronomic approach to go beyond biology to continue to increase the value we bring to our customers by developing a profound understanding of customer needs via our integrated strategy, recognized expertise and a reputation of trust within the agricultural industry.
Our Northern Crescent sales team operates within a broader Commercial Operations Division in North America. We are tasked with implementing the Syngenta strategy with our customers to deliver the three core objectives: Integrate Innovate and Outperform. We do this by achieving sales, profit, and market share targets with channel partners, key producers, and retail customers within an assigned geography.
Through the alignment and continuous improvement of these processes we will simplify and grow our business activities in areas such as seed, seed care and crop protection.
As a consequence of the diverse crops in Central Wisconsin, this position will be a challenging role. We are looking for an individual with significant previous experience in crop protection and/or seed sales, local agriculture, retail and distribution channels, and a visible center of influence within the Central Sand Plains .
Accountabilities: : What should you bring to Syngenta?
If the below statements apply to you, you may be a suitable candidate for this role:
- You have previously performed in a crop protection and/or seed sales role and can communicate with impact, both with stakeholders as well as customers and collaborate across boundaries.
- You are able to see the big picture and can navigate through complex environments and problems.
- You have worked in or are looking for the challenge of working in a dynamic environment, dealing with different cultural backgrounds and behaviors, and can lead by example through ambiguity.
- You have consultative sales experience and are able to probe to uncover customer needs.
- You have a proven track record of successful agricultural sales in the crops grown in Central Wisconsin; specifically corn, soybeans, alfalfa, potatoes, and cranberries.
- You are familiar with the business drivers and motivators that influence retailers’ and growers’ buying decisions.
What can you get out of a stay in Syngenta Sales?
As a Sales Representative, you will:
- Be an integral part of a successful and growing North American sales team.
- Understand the impact of sales planning and set the direction for increased profitability and market share.
- Identify the need to improve on current products through customer interaction.
- Collaborate with other sales functional areas like Agronomy, Crop Experts and Solutions Agronomists to ensure an industry leading and sustainable position for Syngenta.
- Be responsible for an operational budget, variable selling expenses and marketing funds.
- Have the opportunity for personal growth; build your sales leadership experience and focus your energy on must win initiatives.
- Play a critical role in the implementation of a significant update to the Go to Market strategy for Syngenta.
Travel Requirements – 25-50%.
- Minimum education requirement: - BA/BS in Ag science or BA/BS is non-Ag discipline with significant industry background.
- 2+ years in seed and/or crop protection sales.
- Certified Crop Advisor Certification is a definite plus, but not required.
All applicants must be authorized to work in the United States.
Syngenta - 18 months ago
Plagues of locusts, weevils, or any other kind of crop-destroying bugs were no match for Syngenta Crop Protection. The subsidiary of...