We are actively recruiting for fulltime temporary Medical Record Technicians (MRT’s) in the greater Pittsburgh, PA area. These MRT project based opportunities will start on 2/12/13 and will continue through early March. The pay for the position is $17/hr plus mileage and travel time pay.
As an MRT, you will be assigned to visit medical offices in the Pittsburgh, PA area on a daily basis where you will interface with medical staff and coordinate the successful review and scanning of medical records on a daily basis. At the end of each day, you will need to upload the medical records scanned (home high speed internet required), which in turn, will be reviewed by our Medical Coders. Candidates must be available to work onsite at medical provider offices from starging at 8 am to 6 pm, however your daily schedule can change, so flexibility is key. We also can not guarantee full-time work (40 hours per week) to start, but as the projects ramp daily, we can estimate that MRT's should work anywhere from 25-40 hours per week.
- HS Diploma/GED required
- Minimum 1-2+ years professional work experience, preferably in an office environment
- Since the position involves driving, you must have a valid driver license, proof of insurance and your own vehicle
- A reliable internet connectioin at home is required to upload scanned files daily.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with computers
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Hands-on experience with medical records is a plus but not required
- Ability to lift, push, pull and or transport company equipment of up to 35-40 pounds in addition to transporting personal travel items (e.g., luggage).
- Frequent standing and walking.
- Prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping, and stretching.
- Specific vision capabilities (including color vision), eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and other office equipment.
- Normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports.
Altegra Health has developed CARES in response to our MA plan customers with Managed Medicaid plans asking Altegra Health to extend our...