Duties & Responsibilities: Provides real estate services for the settlement and acquisition of property for right of way. Prepares right of way cost estimates and assists with appraisals.
Minimum Training & Experience: Completion of a BachelorÂs degree in a related area AND One year of related experience OR State registered real property appraiser AND One year of related experience OR One year of experience at the lower level (REP020) or position equivalent
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications:
AGENCY SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:Technical Competencies:
***NOTE: To receive appropriate credit for education, indicate the number of courses successfully completed in each of the subject areas listed in the Entry Qualification section above. Please list course title and number and the educational institution where completed. This information should be placed in the Comments/Skills Section of your on-line resume.
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree
- Committed to providing quality customer service
- Demonstrated ability to read and comprehend general correspondence and instructional material
- Demonstrated ability to express ideas clearly and effectively, and to write legibly
- Demonstrated experience performing simple calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals and percentages
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate information orally to individuals and groups who possess varying levels technical understanding
- Possesses reasoning skills necessary to make sound, well-informed decisions needed to solve problems
- Ability to plan and prioritize daily work schedule to accomplish assigned tasks
- Demonstrates responsible behavior and is self motivated
- Demonstrated ability to learn new techniques and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in order to achieve shared goals and to reach mutually acceptable solutions
- Displays high standards of ethical conduct and understands the impact of violating these standards on an organization, self and others
- Demonstrated ability to interact well with people of varied background, cultures and temperaments
- Maintains a positive view of self and displays a professional image; projects a positive attitude
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:Technical Competencies:
- One year of experience similar to the area of the advertised vacancy
- Ability to recognize and interpret symbols, lines, and other information shown on plans, profiles and maps as related to simple right-of-way activities
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of real estate, property appraisal, or negotiation (e.g., acquired through experience or completion of formal courses in these areas)
- Ability to visualize before and after conditions of property based upon map information (such as slope and boundaries) and explain these changes to affected persons
- Ability to teach others in duties related to right-of-way functions
- Ability to use appropriate technology to locate, record, and transfer real estate data as required
Additional Information: THIS IS AN UNCLASSIFIED POSITION.
- Ability to understand and adhere to the policies, procedures, rules and regulations of the Department of Transportation and the vision, mission, and values statements of the DOT
- Demonstrated ability to apply previous experiences to improve existing procedures or methodologies
THE SELECTED APPLICANT FOR THE POSITION WILL BE SUBJECT TO A REFERENCE AND CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK.
PLEASE INCLUDE ALL RELEVANT JOB INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION FOR CONSIDERATION.
Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.