We are seeking an experienced QA Automation Engineer/Analyst who will be working closely with a small and talented team of software developers to analyze requirements, develop test plans and test cases and help automate them. The QA Automation Engineer/Analyst will be involved from an early point in the design process and will ensure the solution is designed with testability and supportability in mind. A successful candidate must have a passion for technology, be a creative problem solver, and have a desire to improve our software's usability, reliability, and performance.
Responsibilities of QA Automation Engineer/Analyst:
- Participate in the product life-cycle from design to commercial release, following the Agile development methodology
- Develop test plans and test cases by analyzing user stories, participating in design reviews and collaborating with the developers
- Develop and implement automation strategies, test plans, standards and processes
- Develop frameworks and collaborate with QA and developers in the development of automated testing scripts for our products
- Work with enterprise customers and core development engineers to address product scalability, usability, reliability, functionality, and performance-related issues
- Execute tests manually when necessary
Requirements of QA Automation Engineer/Analyst:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years in analyzing requirements and designs to develop test plans and test cases
- Developing complex automated tests using one or more object-oriented language such as Ruby, Python, Perl, Groovy, Shell (bash) or Java
- Use of automation frameworks (e.g. Selenium RC or WebDriver)
- Knowledge of Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu) and web applications
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail and excellent problem solving/troubleshooting skills
- Comprehensive understanding of QA methodologies and how to adapt them to the specific needs of our organization and products
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Android/tablet application testing
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds
Wireless Generation is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
- 3 years ago - save job
This News is heard, seen, and read all over the globe. The world's #2 media conglomerate (behind Walt Disney), News Corporation (or...