The Customer Service Supervisor is responsible for supervising the activities of Customer Service Representatives (CSR) engaged in carrying out customer service activities, as well as performing duties associated with customer service.
- Monitors service calls to observe CSR demeanor, technical accuracy, and conformity to company policies
- Recommends corrective action to adjust customer complaints
- Serves as the direct point of contact for customer service issues which require immediate attention
- Inputs information into computer to compile work volume statistics for accounting purposes and to keep records of customer service requests and complaints
- Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Oversees training for new CSRs
- Manages customer’s requirements for physical inventory, notifies system support of inventory dates, assures all processes are followed for preparing system for inventory, oversees Senior Customer Service Representative through inventory processes, reports booked inventory to customer
- Ensures the accuracy and timeliness of billing
- Works with Customer Service Manager (CSM) and/or Operations Manager to determine standardized guidelines and direction for CSRs
- Checks Account Procedure Manual for ISO compliance and ensures that CSRs are current on all assigned accounts
- Ensures an adequate supply of office and warehouse supplies are maintained
- Coordinates training and WMS updates with Customer Service Manager and/or Operations Manager
- Ensures customer service related articles are collected and submitted for company newsletter
- Coordinates desk coverage for CSR absences during lunch breaks, vacations, sickness, etc
- Completes CSR performance appraisals
- Other duties as required and assigned
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED (General Education Diploma) equivalency
- Minimum 1 to 2 years customer service experience
- Experience managing personnel
- Experience with AS400 operating systems and warehouse management systems preferred
- PC literate with experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and co-workers
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently is required to sit, reach with hands and arms, and talk. The employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. The employee is regularly exposed to ambient lighting and temperate climate conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and vehicles and may be exposed to extreme heat and extreme cold including climates consistent with outside weather conditions.
OHL - 17 months ago
OHL is one of the largest 3PLs in the world, providing integrated global supply chain management solutions. Founded in 1951 and...